"I highly doubt that." Theo said looking at where Y/N went.

"Come on. We'll talk to her about it later back at the common room."

•----

Y/N didn't go back to the common room that night. Her group of friends are getting worried, they didn't saw her back at the feast either. It's already past curfew and she still haven't returned. 

While the Slytherins are panicking down at the dungeons. Y/N is wandering around the halls without any care in the world. So to say, she's not in the right state of mind when she went back to the castle. Her glasses are broken and her uniform is disheveled. If someone doesn't look close enough and has some knowledge about drug use, they'll think she's high and all that. But if they look closely, they can see her eyes are not the usual Y/E/C eyes. They turned grey looking as if she was being controlled but she wasn't at all.

Right after she left Theodore at the courtyard she saw two men taking by the black lake. Because of Y/N's impaired vision that worsen last year, she didn't saw their faces as she walks pass them a couple of meters away. She was gripping her forearm tightly and cold sweat are dripping from her short hair. 

The two men saw the girl making their eyes widened. Y/N is practically pulling herself to the lake, getting eager to jump down and cool herself. 

The taller man said something to his companion which made him to run towards Y/N, concern plastered on his face. 

"(Y/L/N)" He called catching up to her. Y/N continued on walking to the lake as she takes off her bag and robe. 

"(Y/L/N) let me help you." 

Y/N turned around still holding her forearm tightly. Her eyes squinted as she focus her vision at the person. "What are you doing here?" She hissed followed by a low groan. 

"(Y/L/N) I'm not here to do anything bad to you. Let me help." He said sternly walking slowly to the girl. A sharp pain ran across Y/N veins making her turn around and run to the lake. 

Just as she's about to jump, everything suddenly paused.

••---

Y/N walked around aimlessly, her consciousness coming back to her. It's already past midnight meaning she'll be in great trouble if she's caught. 

Her feet lead her to the Astronomy tower. Being greeted by a cold breeze, Y/N sat down with her feet dangling and arms leaning on the railings. She made this place her haven, where she can be free from the prying eyes of people and the place where she lets her emotions pour out. She's still dazed and couldn't feel anything at the moment, explains why she didn't saw Hermione weeping in the darkness as she leans on the wall. 

She finally noticed the Y/H/C haired girl at the edge of the tower. Hermione stands up abruptly and wipes the tear stains on her cheek. She's about to sneak away, thinking Y/N didn't saw her but stopped on her tracks when she suddenly said something.

"I don't know why I'm still here."

Hermione glanced at her in confusion. "Tell me Granger, Have you ever felt obligated to make yourself safe?"

"I don't- uh - I mean, being safe is mandatory to stay alive." She answered still confused.

"Hmm, that's. . .nice." Y/N smiled to herself as she close her eyes and took a deep breath. Hermione sat down next to Y/N mirroring her. The pale moonlight of the full moon shone through the tower. A gasp left the bushy-haired girl's mouth when she saw the bruises and blood on Y/N's face. 

"You're bleeding, (Y/L/N). You should go to the -"

"I'm fine. It's not that serious." Y/N said eyes still closed. Hermione furrowed her eyebrows before sighing "Did the other houses started attacking you again?" She asked sounding almost like a whisper. She's getting embarrassed now knowing that the most of the beatings Y/N received the past years were from her own house. Y/N shakes her head finally meeting her brown eyes. She laughed softly and looked away "No, no, They haven't attacked me yet which is odd really. . ." 

"What do you mean? Isn't it good they're leaving you alone now?" 

"It's not like that, Honestly? I'm not used to it - you know - me not looking at my back every time. I kinda expected that right after I come back, that they'll launch themselves at me and hex me to death." 

The bushy-haired girl is lost of words. Sure, she knows about the attacks and how the other houses bullies Y/N because it's always the main gossip in every student body. But she couldn't help but wonder on what's the reason they treat her like that in the first place. No one deserves to be experience that let alone going all through that in such a young age. 

Much to Hermione's concerns, It's nothing to Y/N anymore. The girl never bothered to fight back or take her revenge on everyone who had done her wrong. Hell, From everything that she went through from her home and the North, nothing can really make her feel hurt or anything anymore. 

Y/N isn't suicidal, that's for sure. Why do you think she even bothered to do some research and trainings with Potter if she wanted to die right there and then? 

But she's not going to deny if someone asked her if she likes what her life ended up on, she'll automatically say 'no'. 

"Why didn't you report all the accidents before?" 

"I did. . . they just never did anything to prevent it from happening again. . . and again." Y/N replied taking out her wand from her bag. Hermione watch her as she mutters a spell that created paper birds and butterflies. The bushy-haired girl giggled when one of the butterflies landed on her nose. 

Y/N smiled and looked away. Her laughs made her insides feel calm and somehow relieved of some sort. 

"What were you doing here anyways?" Hermione's smile faltered slightly and cleared her throat. "I just need a little breather away from my friends." 

"'The golden trio having a fight? Let me guess. . . Jealousy or resentment?" 

"I think both?"  Y/N hummed and leaned back with both her arms supporting her. They stayed like that looking down the tower while they both silently enjoyed each others company in silence.

•••--

A couple of days passed after Y/N and Hermione's little encounter at the Astronomy Tower. Y/N's been informed by Harry that the first task is about Dragons. Much to her relief, she already knows all about them (perks of having a keen interest on magical creatures with Hagrid) The both of them spent countless of times in the library trying to find any spell that can help with the Dragon problem. Luckily for Harry, he's a much better flyer that Y/N which they both agreed on making him as a trap. The girl was delighted about that of course all she have to do is walk around the arena while Harry faces the Dragon. It's a win-win situation if you ask me.

Surprise, surprise. Y/N and Hermione's meeting isn't a one time thing. They've gone a bit closer with Harry at the library. Y/N doesn't know what they are, friends or acquaintances. Though it didn't matter to her, to Y/N, she isn't fond of putting a label on every friendship of anything she has. 

But all good things have come to an end. The day of the first task, Y/N received a letter from her father. Let's just say it wasn't good at all. To top it all that, that day is under an specific moon phase. 

It didn't end up that badly. . .