013- blood & bullets

Start from the beginning

"i naturally exert blessed energy, meaning that the things around me will have to push against said energy before reaching me. especially when i'm on edge. it basically makes the things around me move a bit slower." you melted the bullet, letting the warm rubber seep through your fingers. "apparently explaining how my powers work makes it more effective."

"she's so strong too!" todo gushed, receiving an awkward, yet appreciative smile from you. "you're next, fushiguro. what's your type."

"why do i need to discuss my taste in women with someone i just met?"

uh uh. nope. no way in hell you're letting him die now. hissing, you gained his attention and turned his body around so both of your backs were turned to a now confused todo.

"are you trying to get yourself killed?" you whispered harshly.

"i mean... now that you mention it..."

nobara popped up beside you, wrapping an arm over your shoulder to create a huddle between the three of you. "ooh, what are we whispering about!"

"i wish i knew." megumi huffed.

understanding that he probably didn't have a 'type', you gave him one to use. "just say thighs dude. trust me on this one, okay? now ain't the time to be stubborn."

"or just describe (y/n). should be easy for you, right?" she noted, catching on which to the convo.

"ummm..."

"BITCH, DID I NOT SAY 'IT'S NOT TIME TO BE STUBB—'"

"IM WAITING." todo yelled out, even though you three were only a few feet ahead of him. mai sighed at todo's little interview game.

"okay fine, fine." megumi said in frustration, turning to face todo.

"he's gonna fuck up, isn't he?" nobara whispered."

you glanced at megumi, noticing how sure of himself he seemed. "i mean, he's a smart guy..."

"i don't really have a type or anything..."

"i take that back, he's either stupid or suicidal. no in-between." you finished while nobara face palmed loudly.

"as long as that person has a moral compass that isn't easily swayed, i don't wish for anything else."

'was that supposed to describe me?' you thought, realizing that he didn't go for the thigh option. "okay, meg, if you think i'm ugly, just say that." mumbling, you were slightly offended that he couldn't say a single thing about your amazing looks.

"why would i ever think that (y/n)? you're beautiful—oh..." he pressed a hand to his mouth as an attempt to cover up his slight confession. unfortunately, your grin was growing by the second.

"mkay, meg," you chuckled, internalizing your inner satoru hoejo , "if you wanna make out with me, just say that."

"(y/n)." he grumbled angrily, "i'd love you a lot more if you'd shut the fuck up."

your smile tripled in size, "YOU LOVE ME!!" content, you giggled while skipping animatedly around a beet red megumi. once your phone rang, you stopped and answered."

"i was just thinking about you, gojo."

"i'm flattered! did it have something to do with bothering megumi?"

"of course!"

mai huffed for the thirteenth time in the past five minutes. "how rude of you to be on the phone in front of your elders."

"give me a sec, gojo." you said, pulling the phone away from your face. "could you please shut the fuck up? as you were saying?..."

"nanami said you were a bit off lately, and i know how that affects your energy... so i have a bit of a surprise for you..." on the other side of the line, gojo passes the phone to a certain someone...

"oh, i'm feeling a lot better actually, i'll need to talk to him later."

"hello?— WAIT HUH?" the white-haired yelled, snatching the phone back.

for a split second, you could have sworn you heard yuuji's voice. but that's impossible... right?

"Y-YOU'RE BETTER? OKAY, THEN THERE WAS NO REASON TO CALLING YOU—" gojo said frantically.

"...yuuji?" your heart squeezed at the thought of your friend still being alive. false hope flowing through your veins as you desperately waited to hear his voice again.

"(y/n), what are you talking about? it's gojo." hearing the yearn in your voice felt like getting shot in the heart. he had messed up, you aren't supposed to know he's alive just yet. so he'll have to pay the price and lie to you.

"please, let me talk to her." yuuji whispered. biting his lip, gojo shook his head.

"oh... i'm sorry, i thought i heard..." your voice started to shake, so you started to walk away from the other sorcerers. nobara sighed solemnly at your 'mistake', understanding that you're still grieving a loss, as well as her.

"hey, are you okay, (y/n)? i can pick you u—"

"i'm fine, gojo." you said rather quickly. the warmth in your body was sucked away, and everyone in the area felt it. megumi wanted to reach out to you, but for the first time, he was unsure of how to comfort you. "is there something you needed?"

"um... nah, i'm good. i'm... i'm sorry for bothering you."

"yeah, uh. it's cool." before anyone else could speak, you used whatever energy you had in you to fly back to the dorms.

*