Prologue

I was named after the Goddess Artemis because it was my mother's favorite Goddess. I have loved my name and been very proud of it since I was a child. I felt like a real goddess whenever people called me but then...

"You're a bitch." She said in a baritone voice.

Natigilan ako. Kumabog ang dibdib ko nang malakas. I took a step forward to her but I was startled when she stepped backwards. Naguguluhan ako na napatingin ako sa kanya.

Why do I feel nervous for unknown reasons?

"H-huh? What happened? What did I do again this time?" I panicked.

She stayed silent. My heart is pounding so fast while waiting for her response. She was just staring at me coldly while her eyes were burning in... Anger?

I thought we were okay now. I thought we cleared things out. Pero parang may mali? Why do I feel like she's more dangerously furious now? Bakit pakiramdam ko ay bumalik ang Athaleigh na nakilala ko noon?

"You're too proud because you're bringing that last name, you didn't know that it was the most hated name of all the people here." She said while staring at me.

Napalunok ako nang wala sa oras.

What does she mean by that?

Why is she acting like this?

"W-what do you mean?"

She laughed without humor and shook her head. She even massaged her nose bridge while laughing. I raised my brow. I was startled when she glared at me after.

I felt like I brought the hidden beast out of her.

"Even if the whole world will like you or my friends would accept you, don't expect me to do the same, you will bring the karma of your family for hurting people's lives." She said, and walked towards me.

Kumirot bigla ang dibdib ko. It's a foreign feeling that I can't explain. Those words are like a sharp knife that stabbed me on my chest.

Why did she become like this?

"I-i..." And now I'm stuttering, I've never been like this before. I feel like I'm being suffocated, there's a lump in my throat.

Why am I scared? I know we were okay in our last conversation. What happened? Why is she acting so harsh to me now?

She's not like this to me before...

"I'll never like you, Levinson. I don't like bitch, spoiled and bossy women. You should put that in your mind."

Natigilan ako sa sinabi niya. My knees were trembling and my hands were shaking.

Ang mga salita na iyon ay matagal ko ng kinatatakutang marinig. She finally said it, my dream and expectations had finally been crushed at the moment she said those words. 

And the worst part is, I assumed. I was expecting her to say the opposite of those words. But maybe destiny really hated me and it decided to punish me in this way.

Ito na ba ang karma ko? Kasi kung oo, sana namatay na lang ako. I will willingly choose death than this torture.

Napatulala ako sa kanya, the impact of her words made me speechless. Nanlamig ang buong katawan ko.

That's her last words before she left me hanging. I didn't realize that tears were already rolling on my cheeks. I bit my bottom lip and wiped my tears like a child.

She just left me like that, without leaving a reason and word. She didn't even throw me a glance. She doesn't know the damage she has put on me after she said those words, it's like she doesn't care anymore. 

"What did I do, Leigh?" I whispered while watching her walking away from me.

After seven years of not feeling real pain and not having these stupid tears on my cheeks, she managed to do it for only a minute.

And this will be the first time I'll admit that... I'm deeply hurt.

Congratulations, Leigh. You finally ruin a Levinson. Your vengeance is successful, it destroyed me.

~~••~~

This is a side story of Taming Hades. Don't read this if you haven't read the Taming Hades, thank you. ❤