XI. Five Hundred Years

Start from the beginning

"The princess is with Mòrag, so don't think you'll be getting to your friend anytime soon." Rex paused at that, and he wondered if the princess part had any truth to it.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that... So you're really trying to capture Malos too, you ratbag?" Despite being sure of the answer that Dughall would likely give, Rex could not help but make sure. He doubted that the Ardainian had any other reason from stopping them, so the question would honestly just serve as a confirmation.

"Language!" Dughall scolded before he nodded his head. "Ah, but of course. The ability to lead Alrest asunder...only a fool would know of such power and not seek to claim it." This statement earned the Ardainian an annoyed groan from Malos.

"Like I just told you, I have to actually agree to this... What makes you think you have a chance?"

"If I defeat your precious Driver in battle of course! Then, you'll be compelled to join me! It's a flawless plan." Malos rolled his eyes at that before Poppi said something that brought a small smile to his face.

"Flaw detected in final step of logic."

Since they were all getting tired of the chat: Rex, Nia, and Tora pulled out their weapons. To be honest, Dughall's Blade was the most intimidating thing about the Ardainian. If Dughall was not a Driver he would have little if any chance at all against them.

Despite Dughall's obvious incompetence, he was at least smart enough to attack them while cowering behind his Blade. There was no doubt now that Dughall was most certainly a coward, since only a horrible person could allow their Blade to get hurt while they themselves sat on the sidelines.

"That coward, he's just hiding behind his Blade." Rex voiced everyone's, except for Dughall's of course, thoughts.

"Hah! Does common sense elude you? A Blade can heal from any injury." This answer caused Nia to make a disgusted sound.

"So it's okay to use them as a living shield? You weasel, even if they can regenerate that doesn't mean Blades don't feel pain!" Nia exclaimed, her cat-like ears pinning back on her head.

"Oh, the mangy fleabag is worried about Blades feeling pain!" Dughall laughed to himself, "I wonder if you can feel pain?"

Eventually, despite Dughall's consistent behavior of staying behind his Blade, they managed to defeat him. The Ardainian had merely been knocked out, much like the rest of the soldiers on the ship. Dughall's Blade had collapsed too, and Malos could not help but feel bad for the large Blade.

"That's what he gets for trying to execute Nia." Rex stated as he put away Malos' sword. The Gormotti's eyes visibly widened at the words, and she hurriedly turned towards Rex.

"What? He was trying to take me back to Mor Ardain." Nia said, but when Rex still looked confused she let out a sigh. "Rex, this is a trap!" The girl informed him, and Rex looked alarmed at that.

"A trap?!! What about Regan? What could they have done to her?!!"

Nia bowed her head at the fifteen-year-old, "I have no idea, but we need to leave...now." The Gormotti stated, but Rex shook his head in response.

"No, no way. I'm not leaving her behind!" Nia sighed at that, and Eva interrupted them.

"Finding her won't be a problem...she's in that direction." The fairy-like Blade pointed in the direction that that would have to exit from, and Rex made a relieved sound at the news. He had not had been about to leave her behind anyway; however, the news that she was likely right outside the ship made him feel a bit better.

"Wait a minute, Rex." Nia stopped the Leftherian in his tracks.

"What is it?"

The Gormotti looked down at the floor, "Dughall said she's with Mòrag... Something definitely is fishy about that, don't ya think? Then, he also referred to her as a princess."