Chapter 4

Days passed and I still didn't know what to do. I had just watched my father die without knowing it was my father and I just told my mother what happened. I had been lied to my whole life about everything, and now I'm the captain of a ship I didn't even know existed a few months before now.

What was I supposed to do? I laid in my hammock pondering on what I should do next. I didn't want to be here I wanted to be back home in my foster mother's arms. This wasn't where I belonged. I felt as though as I was lost but trapped. I haven't talked to my foster family in a long time. But I couldn't call them, they shouldn't be a part of this. Thoughts were running through my head. I couldn't grasp onto anything.

A long while later Horace came in. He looked tired, as most of the ghosts did. He sat near me turning to face me, "You okay?" he asked.

"Just great," I replied sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I should've told you, I was just nervous."

"I know I just don't know what to do anymore. I know what I need to accomplish but I don't know how to get there. And I don't know how to make sure everyone's okay with my decisions and I just-" I started crying, being overwhelmed by everything.

"I mean you finished learning everything about your abilities, you could start there. And not everyone is going to be okay with all of your decisions and that is okay too."

"Why me though? I can't do this."

"I believe in you, I know you can do it, I know you can, you're my daughter."

"Thank you," I forced a smile. I got up and went out to go talk to Kai and find out what to do next.

I walked around the village for awhile, unable to find them, or any of my crew. About two hours after looking I found everyone, except Kai. "Where is Kai?"

"Th- the Debaro captain- he um," one of my crew members struggled to talk.

"What, what did he do, I swear, I will set their boat on fire if they fucking touched Kai, where are they now someone actually tel me where the fuck did Kai go."

"The captain stabbed them," Alex finally told me.