the new host

Beginne am Anfang

"Well, please tell me this, and be honest. Have you ever actually, won a fight?" Dustin stepped forward.

"Okay, that was one time-"

"Twice. Jonathan, year prior?" Dustin corrected.

"Holy shit, you're right." Gabe scoffed, recalling the time Nancy explained to him what happened when he heard that Jonathan was arrested.

"Okay that doesn't count." Steve defended himself.

"Why wouldn't it count? Cause it looks like he beat the shit out of you." Dustin continued. At this point, Robin and Gabe were just the audience, witnessing this whole thing go down.

Robin turned to her right and looked up. Her face turned serious as she tapped Gabe's shoulder.

Gabe smirked and looked back at her. "That just might work."

Robin grabbed a handful of cash from the tips jar, Steve watched as she grabbed his friend's *coughboyfriendcough* hand and ran out of there.

"Robin, where are you going?!"

"I need cash." She shrugged, holding up the handful of dollars.

"But half of that's mine!" Steve whined helplessly. "Where ya going..?"

"To find us a way into that room, a safe way. And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. We'll be back in a jiff." Robin practically shouted for the entire mall to hear, grabbing Gabe's hand and speeding off.

:✧*⋆.*:・゚

M/n had woken up and was eating a small snack while drinking water. He felt much better than he did before and he was glad that he could participate in this whole thing.

Sure, his friends would tell him to take it easy and to rest, but that wasn't gonna happen.

He watched as El and Max sat down before them. M/n waved at the two girls with a smile as he continued to chew on his snack.

They waved back as waited for them to begin this small little "meeting", or whatever this was.

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it." Will sighed.

"The first time I felt it, was on the Day of the Dead."

"Power went out that night, too." Mike connected.

"And then I felt again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max questioned.

"It's almost like.. you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" Will asked.

Everyone nodded and said yes, well, except for El.

Will continued anyway.

"It's like everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse." He explained.

"Your body- it goes cold.. and you can't breathe.. I've felt it before, whenever he was close."

"Whenever who was close?" Max furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.