Chapter 29: What Went Wrong

Start from the beginning

"Clean that up, too. You need to find use anyways." I had nothing else to do but obey her now.

Several weeks later I had gotten news from my mom that my father had died. This time he really was overseas and there was a storm. He was on deck and no one could save him in time. He had drowned and his body was found a month later.

During all this time I had developed depression and PTSD. Whenever I saw my mom, inside of me would scream in fear but the outside stood frozen in spot. I would always clean up after her and whenever she brought home a new man or her daughter (my half sister) I had to make sure the house was clean. No one could ever learn about me apparently.

Self-harm wasn't any better. I had hated myself and always wondered if anything was wrong with me. Why else wouldn't my father take me with him? Almost each day I would find something to cut myself with. It really did vary in what I used.

I thought my life wouldn't get any better from there and it would just continue going downhill from here. That was what I was thinking until I met Kya.

Kya was the one who became my best friend later on. No one had ever known about the things that went on at home or to me except her. She allowed me to vent when I needed and was always there for me. She never judged me and would listen.

Sometimes though she could be a little much, even if it did sound nice. "We should report your mom!"

"N-no! It'll be fine. Okay?" She would never be satisfied with my answer (which was always that) but she accepted it.

"Fine. Wanna go get a snack?" On most days I would agree with her, one some days I had to go straight home.

Kya was the one who made my life better after it being dark for so long. But even the thought of her had soon became dark.

Towards the end of the school year I had heard the news of Kya moving away. She had already left and she never told me. I had no way to contact her at all. That's what brought me into becoming a villain.

I had lost everyone that had cared for me now. So when I was captured by a group of them, I agreed. It wasn't until I found Kya again that she managed to save me.

Kya Tanaka-Sakamoto (yes in the future she marries him but we ain't there yet since it'll be said more "properly" later on. Also some these like Kya and Aria's will be short)

For me, life was pretty great! Most of the time. In grade school I had my ups and down. Wasn't bullied, just teased in some mean ways. In junior high it was decent. My best friend Kai was always with me, until I was forced to leave.

Grades were decent. Not good, not bad to say at the least. It was mainly the part where we were forced to leave that it had some downfalls.

When we left it took me a while until my sister, Aria, told me it was due to financial problems. So later on when my dad had disappeared it had taken a while for me to recover. I had believed the lie that he had died but he had really just abandoned us.

They are now on the search for him because he gave my mom an illness that we found out couldn't be cured, only treated. The rest is a blur.

Through my quirk I managed to get my best friend back. All in all, that is what made me the happiest.

Aria Tanaka

I had always thought that my life would be great. There would be no falls and only ups. This is what I had thought as a kid.

My story is similar to Kya's. We were forced to leave, our dad abandoned us, and our mom had died because our father had given her an illness on purpose. 

In school I didn't have many friends. Maybe like one or two and that's it. During my first year of high school, which is all I got through, I had none. I would sometimes hang out with Kya and her friend so they were the closest I've ever gotten to having friends in high school.

But everyone has a downturn in their life. Mine involved my dad.

When I had found out that he had another family and the truth was that he had abandoned us, I couldn't sit still even if I wanted to. The way I did it though was the wrong way. I had set out to kill my father, even his new family if I could. I had sided with the villains and didn't even care if I had hurt my sister or betrayed the UA students. 

For a minute I did turn back. They seemed to be pretty great people and I feel like if I didn't betray them, they could've been my friends. But I didn't turn back and I hurt them all.

The entire battle now seems pointless. The only reason I joined was because I was promised I could kill my dad, which I didn't. People on both sides were killed and to me the whole thing seemed like a draw.

My sister's hurt voice still rings in my head, even now. I vowed to myself that I would never betray anyone who I was close to ever again. I don't think I would even be able to bare seeing and hearing themselves being hurt anyways.

So I was arrested and sent to a mental hospital. Kai had gotten out before me but when I told them my side of the story about my father they saw a flaw in his plan. He never divorced my mother and was married, plus had another family. They tried to understand and said I could go to therapy, stay in the mental hospital for a while, and not have to spend so much time in jail.

Scythe (Villain oc)

My life I fell in love with. My parents were very traditional and we followed Japanese culture as closely as we could. Often we would go travel all around Japan, to the parts that the city hadn't destroyed yet. But to some people I wasn't good enough and became an outcast.

Some said my quirk was beautiful. Some said it was dangerous. Some said it wasn't right. And I could see why.

I was with a group of people one day and this has to mark as the worst day of my life. I was sixteen years old and was with a small group of people sitting around in a circle mediating. The energy was too much around me though. 

Soon I found my own weapons, made by my quirk, all around them. I tried calling them back but it wouldn't work. Breaking the cycle wasn't a good idea but I wanted to save their lives. I couldn't control my quirk!

"Everyone! Move now!" Some opened their eyes and saw me struggling with my quirk. Others didn't dare to even try. Some ran others didn't. No one tried to save anyone else.

The weapons that were in the air started to rain down, killing some of my fellow group members. Blood was now on my hands, both ways. There were screams of horror even from myself. I couldn't let myself live this down and ran away.

I ran away and never looked back.

"You seemed troubled. A pretty young lady like you shouldn't look or feel like that." A voice that calmed me inside spoke softly to me one night. They outstretched a hand to me and helped me up. "Come on. The boss will like you."

Okay, so for some reason I really wanted to write Scythe's backstory for some reason even though she didn't play a large part in the story. If there is any other oc that you want me to write a backstory to just let me know and I will gladly do so!