Chapter 10: Reunification At It's Finest Part 2

"Arcee? But no bot has seen her in stellar cycles. Are you sure Ratchet?"

It sounded as if Ratchet seemed offended to here him say that.

"Prime, you and I both know what happened on Cybertron. I saw what happened. I know it's her."

Before he could even respond, Ratchet cut off his communicator, preventing Optimus to even reason with the medic. For the rest of the ride, we stayed in silence, even after we had arrived at the towers.

We walked in to find Ratchet with a pink femme. I decided to stay behind a little, unsure of what to do next. Next thing I know, Prowl is pulling me over. "Katelin, is everything alright?" I just quickly shake my head to assure him. Seeming pleased with my sudden answer, he walks over to where the other bots are.

At a moment's notice, something flashed in the corner of my eye. Turning, I go over to where it was to find a portal roughly my size. Unable to know what to possibly do in a situation like this, I call the guys over.

"Uh, hey guys?" I call over.

"What is it, Katelin?" I hear Optimus call back, sounding a bit annoyed.

"Uh, ya might want to see this." I replied, recoiling a bit at his tone.

After a minute or two, their footsteps could be heard coming to my location. Once there, they seem to stop dead in their tracks, completely besmiten like they've never seen one before. "By the Allspark..." Optimus breathes. It stays dead silent for the next four minutes before you could hear someone yelling on the other side. "Katelin, can you hear me?!" The voice yells. 'No, no it can't be...' I think.

"Lola, is that you?!" I scream back. Silence. Just then, I hear a relieved voice call back, "Yes! Yes it's me!" Relief fills me to my brim knowing that my sister is ok. "Katelin," she calls, "you need to come through! We don't know how long we can keep this thing open! We need you to hurry!"

Anxiety filling me I rush over before stopping to look at those behind me. Those who had helped me, saved my life, took me in. I felt torn between the life I lived in and the one I live in now, and they could see that. For once, Ratchet came over to comfort me. "It's alright kid. You don't have to worry about us. Just go on and return to those who need ya."

"He's right." Bumblebee added. "They need you more than you need us. Go on and take care of what you need to do." Looking at everyone, they seemed to silently agree. Tears threatening to spill from my eyes, I shook my head in agreement. Trying to change the subject, I ask "Will I ever see you guys again?" "Maybe not now," Optimus spoke up, "but I know one day we will." Tears now pouring down my cheeks, I go to quickly wipe them away.

As I'm about to leave, I hear Prowl call me over once more, this time, a small box in his servo. "A go away present as you humans call. So you'll remember us." I open it to find a small, black choker with the Autobot insignia in the middle. I silently reach for it and put it on. "It looks gorgeous." Sari commented. I could barely choke out a thanks.

I turn around once more and start walking towards the portal. I stop short to take one more look behind me to see their sad, smiling faces. I give them a nod before walking through and meet with a dark figure in a bright light.

"Welcome home, Katelin."