《 X 》You'll Be Okay

Loki's POV:

I watched as the bullet pierced through her, they way her knees buckled as she collapsed, clutching her side. Despite my sudden urge to suffocate the life out of the man, I allowed the logical side of me take over as I rushed over to her, grabbing her arm and taking us back to the compound.

Ignoring the childrens worried stares, I pulled her head into my lap in my haste to find a suitable way to inspect her wound. I'd only later realise the way her teary eyes looked up at me. Carefully lifting the piece of cloth gripping on to her wound, I tried to ignore her flinch as I began cleaning her injury with the med kit I had conjured next to me.

Groaning out in pain, she grasped my hand which I decided to hold back lightly. Everytime I'd touch the wound, she'd hold on tighter, grinding her teeth. After I had successfully cleaned it, I began stitching it despite my lack of experience. Rubbing circles on her hand with my thumb in an attempt to comfort her. "Lo', is Wana okay?" Steve called out gently.

"Yeah, yeah. Shes fine buddy, don't worry," I reassured, finishing up the last stitch before removing my hands from it as I looked away from it and looked up at her face. Her eyes were firmly shut, her hand loosening on mine.

Wanda's POV:

The pain was worse than I had thought, so bad that I had forgotten who it was, gripping onto his hand for dear life.

"Open your eyes, little witch." His tone was gentle, oddly gentle. Gently opening my eyes, I winced at the sudden light, blinking a few times to get used to it. Then the realisation kicked in. I was holding Loki's hand, all the avengers staring at me with tears in the corners of my eyes. Wiping them away furiously, I stood up, ignoring his protests.

"Wands your still hurt," he told me to which I shook my head glancing at the clock. "Its late, I'm tired, they're tired, lets just sleep.. please," I quietly pleaded, ignoring his pitiful stare as he nodded and approached the children. Whispering a playful, "Guess you're staying on the couch for now," he layed blankets over them, shutting off the lights as he advised Friday to keep an eye on them in fear of them being taken.

Dragging my feet to my room, I clicked the door shut and collapsed against it, the tears forming once again. It was stupid, so stupid. I assured myself it was just because I was tired, I shouldn't waste tears over it. It was simply too late on such a tiring day and I was ready to wipe away the chalkboard of the day and let it be forgotten. Maybe it was the files that had told me my brother had survived, that they planned to use him to capture and experiment me once again that had caused this. Despite knowing he was controlled, I couldn't help but feel like it was still him, waiting to drag me back into the rut we had escaped from together all those years ago. And I had just left him there. What type of shitty sister was I? I had sobbed my lungs out during his 'death' and now, finally finding out he was alive, I had left him? I couldn't believe how horrible I was, how I just-

"Maximoff? Can I come in, please?" He called out from outside the door. Rubbing my eyes, I pulled out a book, collapsing on my bed to act like I was reading it before allowing him to enter.

For the first minute, it was silent, he leaned back on my bookcase, tracing patterns on it with his thumb as I stared aimlessly at the pages of my book, flicking through it every few seconds.

"I know you aren't reading." He didn't know jack shit. Why did he act like he knew everything about me? And why the fuck was I so mad at him? Didn't he heal me, save me from bleeding to death. This was unfair, I shouldn't have been treating him like this. Opening my mouth to apologise, he cut me off. "You aren't a very good actress." Bitch.

"Well, your highness, I'm not in the mood to read after I got shot and found out my dead brother is alive," I hadn't meant to snap, but I did. Then the tears started, the stupid fucking tears. Why? I didn't know. There was no reason for me to cry, so why wouldn't my eyes cooperate? In my furious attempt to wipe it away, I hadn't noticed the way he had sat himself besides me, his eyes tearing away from me and on to the ceiling.

"You know, I've faked my death multiple times," he began. I planned to stay silent, but I wasn't a child, I could hold a normal conversation. "Is this a way to comfort me for my own brother?" God, I hadn't meant for my voice to shake that much. Luckily, he didn't seem to notice, or he was ignoring it. I was fine with either.

"No, no its not," he crossed one leg over his other, "I bet that if I knew it hurt Thor this much, I wouldn't have done it."

Yeah, I was dreaming. There was no way Loki had been vulnerable in front of me, or in general. His guard was stronger than any I'd seen before, never allowing emotions to seep through as if they would burn his skin and destroy everything around him, he lived in a barrier of himself. Including his mind walls, whenever I tried to push, he'd shove me away, not on purpose, and that made it worse. He had trained himself to subconsciously pull away any other unwanted guests, something I wished I could learn.

"You care about him," I started, nodding as if I had came to a revelation, "He cares about you too, never fails to mention it." My voice was hoarse now, but it was better than the pathetic shaking.

I could almost sense him smiling, but I turned to check anyways. And for the first time, it seemed genuine, like he meant it. "I'm sure your brother still does too," he told me, lifting himself off of the bed and towards the door, "We just have to find it in him."

Nodding, I flashed my eyes down to my hands in my lap before looking back at him, he whispered a quiet, "Goodnight, Little Witch," so softly that I almost thought I wasn't supposed to hear it.

"Goodnight, Lokes."

A/N
THIS ONES LOWKEY BORING BUT WHATEVER LMAO. I hope you guys like it! Told ya I'd start posting more regularly ;)  ANYWAY, completely contradicting that point, I'm going to be away for the next 4 or 5 days meaning limited updates (probs none but I'll work on little pieces maybe) until I get back. Hopefully I'll get right back to it when I return though! Thank you all again for your patience, love ya loads! MWAH
{1181 Words}

- S xx