-: Chapter 2 :-

(Y/N) POV

The dark silence terrified me as what had just happened replayed in my mind. Where was I? Am I real? Nothing seemed right. Then suddenly, a light appeared.

I opened my eyes quickly, but I dared not to move because of my leg. I stared around the room, as my head started the throb with pain. I closed my eyes as tightly as possible as an attempt to relieve the pain.

"You're awake! Oh thank god, I've been so worried, I'm so happy to see you. Doctor says you're recovering quite nicely." My mum joyfully, noticing I was moving around. She quickly got out of her chair after that and wrapped me in a tight hug, sobbing out of relief that I was awake. "Owwwww.." I murmured and she quickly let go of me, apologising. My muscles ached from not moving for however long I was unconscious and my head felt as thought it was going to melt.

My mum sat by my side, resting a hand on my shoulder as I tried my best to push the pain away. After five minutes, the headache subsided and I looked up at my mum, sensing she had something to say. "Hey sweetie.." She began, switching her phone off and putting it in her pocket. "I know this isn't very good timing, but I just wanted to let you know.. Well.. While you were unconscious a lot happened. My grandma was the owner of a large property called Button House where the family has lived for generations. I was the closest relative in our family, so I somehow inherited it. We were looking for a new house anyway so I didn't hesitate to saying that we will move in. I know it's strange but this will make our lives so much better. We can carry on the business that my she was running. People could hire the place for weddings and parties, how lovely would that be? It will be nice for the two of us to continue the business." She stated to me quickly, not wanting me to find out later and be upset. I thought for a moment, not knowing where our lives would go from this, but accepted it would be a change for the better. I told my mum that I was excited to see the house even though I knew it would be a lot to become accustomed to, especially after whatever had happened during the past few weeks. 

"Mum?" I asked, still quite confused about the whole thing. "Yes?" She replied. "What actually happened when we crashed? I can barely remember anything.." I questioned her. She paused for a moment, trying to find the words. I could blame her, it must have been a crazy the to experience. "Well, we were at an intersection, waiting for the red light, when a lorry was heading our way. It seemed to be out of control, like the steering was broken or something, and it hit a car and toppled over onto ours. The damage was mainly at the back, but the roof collapsed, which bent the doors inwards, catching your leg." She explained quickly but shakily. I just sat in shock for a few moments. "Then ambulances were called, and-" She begins, but I cut her off. "I remember that bit." I say leaning back. "But you were unconscious.. How could you..?" She trailed off. "Well after the ambulances got there, I woke up outside, and there was this lady and-"

"Sorry Miss (surname), you need to say goodbye now, (Y/N) needs to rest. You can visit again tomorrow." A doctor says as he enters the room. My mum gave me one last hug before leaving the room. I shut my eyes. I couldn't believe I was moving into a giant old house, that my mum somehow inherited? It seemed insane. Maybe I dreamt that. I am fairly sure I hit my head that day so it was likely. 'What would happen next?' I wondered. That question buzzed around my skull until I eventually drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep. 

A/N: I am very sorry at how bad this chapter was, I just need a base to build off of, sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy the later chapters!