Chapter 35-There He Goes

Start from the beginning

"What about the other ones? Now they feel neglected. This is like candy racism." I cry, rubbing my hands under my eyes to stop the damn, unstoppable and hormonal tears from falling.

"Fucking Christ, Paisley. It's candy!" He shouts, running his hands through his hair in frustration and rolling his eyes.

"I know, I know. I just can't stop crying. This is so stupid, but I feel so bad." I justify, holding a hand to my heart and rubbing my hand over my stomach. Stupid, stupid hormones.

He gawks as me like I'm crazy, which I am at this moment, but if I could truly stop crying right now I would. I take two deep breaths, fan my face with my hands, and wipe the tears from under my eyes. While in pain, "Owe, owe, owe! Oh my... Jesus." I groan, hunching over, resting my forehead on the counter as I hold my stomach.

"Paisley." JC spoke. I could see his shoes next to me as I looked down at the dark tiles and took deep breaths. "Stop fooling around. You're freaking me out."

"Sorry I'll tell the baby next time to not cause me pain when you're around." I breathed. I closed my eyes briefly, resting my cold cheek on the cold granite counter top, "Can he just come out of me already." I moan quietly to myself.

"He can stay in there as long as he wants." JC said, clearly hearing me. He sits back on the stole, squeezing his hands together. "Do you need something?" He asks, looking at me.

"No." I sigh, combing my fingers through my hair as I pulled it up in a high ponytail. I cleared off the counter top, putting things back in the fridge where they belonged or in the cabinets. "Thank you for the Sour Patch Kids though." I mumble to JC as I wipe the wet dish cloth over the counter.

"You're welcome." He chuckled, taking his arms off the counter so I could clean. "I only came by really quickly. I'll see you in a couple of hours."

"Alright, see you later." I say, waving my hand weakly. Then he was gone.

===

"Twenty-nine weeks!" My aunt Lisa screamed when I had gotten up from the couch, made my way over to greet her and the rest of the family. The four people who had just walked through the front door had bulging eyes when I greeted them like it was any other normal day. It was clear that they had been out of the loop.

My father's sister doesn't live in town, she lives in the city two hours away with her husband and two kids; Aubrey and Brayden. Aubrey is almost two years younger than me, while Brayden is just my age. We aren't really close, I mean when we were kids sure, but I guess being miles apart, only seeing each other on holidays and Instagram posts does that to you. We're not strangers though, it isn't an uncomfortable reunion, we still talk and hang out when the time comes, and once in a while a text here or there when something reminds us of the other.

It was a surprise either way to see me pregnant, because of course I haven't posted a single picture or told either of them about it.

"Yeah, twenty-nine weeks." I repeated, nodding my head with a forced and uncomfortable smile on my face.

My father came to the rescue, thankfully, and grabbed the fruit salad out of my aunts hands, "Hey big sister, how's it going?" Dad says, rubbing a hand on her back and guiding her away.

"Thanks for keeping me out of the loop Scott!" My aunt scoffs, walking to the dining room with him.

My uncle smiles, passing me with a nod, "Don't mind her dramatics." He chuckles, following them into the dining room.

I take a deep breath, trying to smile as I look over to Aubrey, "I can't believe you're pregnant." She scoff, shaking her head with a small grin on her lips, "You could have told me!" She exclaims, grabbing me by the shoulders. I shrugged my shoulders meekly, nodding my head, "But I guess a congratulations are in order, right?" She questions unsure.