15

[15]

'Official Invitation'

The Hogwarts courtyard was especially busy on the sunny Saturday morning. Buzzing with excitement that the rain had finally gone. There were barely any students left in the castle, Slytherins included. Finn and Persephone were one of the few.

"I want to join," Finn said firmly. His voice bouncing off the walls of the Room of Requirements.

Persephone looked back at him. "What?"

"I want to join," Finn said, a little weaker this time. "If you'll have me."

Persephone tilted her head.

"I know," Finn said. "I just suddenly have a change of heart. I promise I will be brave and I won't drag you all behind."

"How come?"

"I don't want him to win," Finn replied slowly, his eyes not moving from the dummy. "Expelliarmus."

Persephone's mind was sharp. "Did you hear something?"

"London Carrow, mentioned something about the mark hurting his father again," Finn said after a moment of silence.

Why would London tell Finn that Amycus Carrow's mark was hurting? Persephone knew Finn couldn't just find out completely out of the blue. But the information was important, and Persephone had to make use of whatever connection Finn had to the Carrow family. Yes, Persephone loved Finn and would do very much to keep him safe, but Finn wasn't a kid anymore. Whether she liked it or not, Finn was going to become a part of the war. It's better to prepare him for it. "You want to join Macabre?"

"Yes," Finn nodded.

"We'll have to intensify your training," Persephone said finally. "Beat Pansy and we will welcome you with open arms. "

"Pansy Parkinson?" Finn stopped firing at the dummy, looking at her.

"Remember, there's a reason why Pansy Parkinson is still in our group. Trust me, she's not like Maleficent Bulstrode, Crabbe and Goyle. She may seem like a useless gossip vase, but she's much more than that."

Finn nodded and sat down on the floor. His face betraying the emotions he tried to hide. Persephone ruffled his hair. Finn pouted, tilting his head to the other side.

"Did you spy on Liana?"

Finn let out a chuckle. "I can't hide anything, can I?"

"Not from me," Persephone said with a small laugh.

Finn took a breath in and opened his mouth to start.

"If you don't want to tell me," she said. "Then don't. I'll forget about it."

Finn looked up at her in surprise. "You will?"

"On one condition," she continued. "Work hard, won't you?"

Finn nodded, a smile stretching over his features.

Grabbing her cloak, a door appeared in the room. Persephone left the room with Finn behind her. She had already turned the corner when she heard a loud voice from behind. She stopped in her tracks to wait for Finn only to find him no longer behind her. Frowning, she walked back in the direction in which she came from but hesitated before turning the corner.

"Oi!" She recognized the boy's voice. "Mute boy!"

Hearing the shuffling, Persephone could almost see Finn's nervous look.

"Wha-what do you want?" Finn's shaky voice asked. "Go away."

"No more friends to defend you? Friendless, alone, like how you should be."