𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. they deserve a happy ending

❛ ── chapter eight
THEY DESERVE A HAPPY ENDING.

 ❜

          𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐔𝐏, and Joo Seok-Hoon had to return to school.

Whispers and murmurs were the only thing he could hear ever since he stepped into the school's campus.

Everyone knew of Jang Yuna, even if she didn't attend Cheong-Ah. They knew her as the terminally ill fiancé of Joo Seok-Hoon, Hera Palace's owners son.

But no one had dared to say anything that went against her favor, they learned it the hard way after Seok-Hoon had overheard someone badmouthing her and punched him square in the face.

" Honestly, it's absurd how they only gave you a month off. How heartless of them. " Seok-Kyung complained as the twins walked side-by-side. Even though she had tried to sound as irritated as possible, she was secretly worried for her brother.

Seok-Hoon had his hands stuffed into his pocket as they walked into class, his face stoic but people could tell the death of Jang Yuna had affected him heavily.

The first thing Seok-Hoon sees that completely sours his already dampened mood, is a bed of white lilies littered all over his desk.

Anger fuels up in his gut and the boy stomps towards it and slams his hands on the table, causing the class to flinch and immediately stop in their actions.

The tension that surrounded the class was so thick most students could suffocate in it.

" This is my business, don't meddle your noses into it. " He states, he was already annoyed by the numerous condolence wreaths that were constantly being sent to them and he didn't need them to interfere in his school life too.

Joo Seok-Hoon just wants to grieve in peace, without any of his dad's affiliates sending them insincere gifts to show their sympathy.

" Take them away, " he ordered and people began hurdling over the table. Seok-Hoon rolled his eyes before plopping into his seat.

" Alright everyone! Take your seats, class is about to start. " Ma Du-Ki enters with his books in hand, the students shuffle into their seats as he stands in the center of the class. " Today, we'll be continuing where we left off in our reading. So turn to the last chapter, please. "

Seok-Hoon aimlessly reaches into his bag and pulls out the book, he had missed out on an entire month of classes so he didn't know how far they were. He'd just remind himself to finish it when he had the time.