𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. talking to the moon

❛ ── chapter seven
TALKING TO THE MOON.

 ❜

          " 𝐒𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄. " A voice perks up behind her, but she doesn't need to turn to know who it is.

Seok-Hoon threads towards up towards the edge of the building, leaning his hands on the railing. Finally, Yuna takes her eyes off the night sky and meets his with a soft gaze.

The boy wonders how someone could look that beautiful with the wind running through her hair and the moon illuminating her face with an angelic glow.

Who in Olympus had been so jealous that they decided to slowly rid her of life, a life that was so precious. A soul that was so pure and kind.

" I was ready to turn the entire hospital over, why did you sneak out without any of the nurses? " Seok-Hoon's voice is tender, and Yuna brings the scarf that's wrapped around her shoulder tighter.

" It was getting stuffy inside the room, I needed some quiet time away from all the beeping monitors. " She whispers to him, resting her head on the railing, her arms in between them. " It's calming. "

" Yeah, it is. " He steals glances of her, " isn't it cold up here? You don't deal well with the cold. "

" It's fine, I'll head in soon anyways. " The silence engulfing the room was powerful, unwavering yet tainting of the sweet symphony of the cold wind.

Seok-Hoon was the first to break it, once again in a gentle, familiar voice. " Who was the goddess of the moon again? "

Yuna chuckled, " you mean Selene? " And he nods, " it's beautiful isn't it? The moon. " He doesn't say anything, but silently agrees with her. " It's amazing how we'll always be looking up at the same moon, no matter how far away we are from each other. "

" I'll never be far from you, " he promises. The harsh truth had been standing right in front of them, but for a moment, just one moment. They'd like to pretend everything was okay, even if it wasn't.

" I wouldn't expect anything less, " she smiles. Seok-Hoon inches his hand closer to hers and silently places his hand on top of hers, which Yuna takes and intertwines them together. " There aren't that many stars in the sky. " The girl notes.

He hums, taking notice to her glum tone. " One day, let's go stargazing together. I'll find the place where the stars shine the brightest and take you there. " The boy plans.

" Let's have a candlelight dinner under the stars too. " Yuna adds, and he nods, bringing her into a hug. " When should we go? " Her voice faltering slightly as she tries to stop herself from crying.

" Whenever you like, " he too was having difficulty keeping a straight tone. " We can go anywhere you like, anytime. " Seok-Hoon caresses her head, allowing a small sniffle to escape.

" Really? Then let's go. Right now. " Yuna speaks in a cheerful tone. " Let's go see the stars, Seok-Hoon. "

" I think it's too late to buy airplane tickets. " He jokes, and Yuna stifles a giggle.

" I hate you, " she pouts.

" No you don't. You love me. " Seok-Hoon replies cheekily and Yuna sighs.

" Sadly. . . "

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐎𝐊-𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐍,

I don't think I'll ever comprehend how lucky I am, to have what I did in this life. I'm starting to believe I saved a country in my past life or something.

I have a family who puts a roof over my head and provide me with endless support, people who care for me. And you.

You're everything and more. My dearest darling, you're my everything and more. When I look up at the night sky, I'm reminded that no matter where we are in the world, we're still looking up at the same moon.

So, my beautiful boy, when we are no longer able to share the same beauty of Selene. Count the stars, as I'm there looking over you.

Forever yours,
Yuna.

# 𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒 ! ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

short chapter today :) honestly this book has probably been the easiest to write, and that's pretty concerning. please vote !