My first boyfriend

I was talking to my friend on the tables by the basketball court. When we were talking about guys. She told me that someone I had been talking too liked me and was going to ask me out soon.

He was walking up to us right before the bell rung and we all went inside to get back to class.

The next day me and my friend go back to the table during recess, like we normally did, and we talked. Then he came up to us.

The breeze was cold and my favorite white thin sweatshirt wasn't doing much to help me get warmer. Despite it not helping much I still loved it.

The boy asked me if I had wanted to be his girlfriend. I told him that I needed time to think, I knew my answer though.

The next day I walked up to him during recess while he was playing basketball and told him "yes".

And so we started dating,
We were in 5th grade.

It was a nice relationship but we barely talked and knew little about each other. We were young and so I thought I should break up with him.

So,  6th grade during recess, I walk up to him while he's playing basketball. I tell him that I'm breaking up with him. He seemed sad but I knew he'd get over it. I knew he would get over me.

We ended up dating a second time in 7th grade. We went on one date and then about a month later he broke up with me. He just lost feelings I guess.

I was fine, I was sad but I knew I wasn't really being a great girlfriend. Maybe I should have tried harder.

Me and his best friend ended up dating. I really liked him and I thought he did too. So he asked me out and I said yes of course. And we only dated one month, a month and a half? It wasn't that long. I had found out that he never actually liked me. He just didn't know how to tell me.

He was the only ex boyfriend I cried over.