31. Manny's First Date

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

         "C.S. Lewis called romance the religion of love, but for many writers romance isn't so simple. It is often a confusing experience." Ms. Kwan said to her Class. 'Tell me about it' Mickey thought, as she doodled a bunch of little hearts in her notebook. She and Spinner were doing fine now that they were public, but things had been weird between her and Jimmy, especially when she, Jimmy and Spinner were together.

Then came a knock on the classroom door, snapping Mickey out of her thoughts. Craig entered the room. "Excuse me, Ms. Kwan. I'm sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Simpson sent me for the AV cart," He said, pointing to the cart behind Manny, who was staring dreamily at the older boy.

"Of course," Ms. Kwan said, and Craig made his way over to grab the cart, only Manny's chair was on the cord.

"I need to get that," He said to Manny, who seemed to be stuck in some sort of Daydream.

"Pardon me?" Manny asked.

"The AV cart behind you. Mr. Simpson sent me to get it and, um, you're on the cord," Craig explained, and Manny's face fell.

"Oh," She muttered, hoping he was wanting something else.

"Yeah, you could just move it," He said, and Manny moved her chair so Craig could collect the cord.

             After English their class gathered in Mr. Simpson's classroom, having a surprise for him. Emma looked out the door, noticing Mr. Simpson walking towards the classroom. "He's coming," she said, coming back into the classroom, followed shortly by Mr. Simpson.

"Mr. Simpson, something terrible has happened to your computer," Toby said, to get Mr. Simpson to go over and look at his computer for his surprise. Mr. Simpson sat down at his computer, as half the class gathered, looking over his shoulder.

"JT, did you email me naked baboon pictures again?" Mr. Simpson asked.

"It's serious. I think your computer has a virus," Emma said. Mr. Simpson turned on the computer and on the screen an animation of Mr. Simpson and Emma's mom on a wedding cake with hearts played the wedding march playing in the background. Mr. Simpson smiled at the animation.

"You had me going? Who did this?" He asked, looking at the group. Toby raised his hand having been the one to actually put the animation together.

"So you're not upset that I told everyone you and Mom got engaged?" Emma asked, having been slightly worried he would be.

"No, it's sweet. Thank you," Mr. Simpson said.

"How does it feel Mr. Simpson? I mean, when you find your one true love?" Manny asked.