Introduction

Creepypastas, in some form or another, have existed among popular culture for as long as there has been culture. Whether it be people gathering after dinner to hear a scary story in front of a roaring bonfire, or fathers scaring the bejesus out of their children on Halloween, there's something about a scary story that COULD be true, that delights and entertains like no other. When the Internet formed around the late 90's, urban legends like "The Hook" and "The Woman's Hand" were already spread about like wild fire. They of course, like everything else, got put into the Internet. The Internet, in turn, does what it always does, and made Urban Legends its own thing. What it gave birth to is what is known as Creepypasta. Stories, that for whatever reason, spring up, are spread aprons the Internet, either as a story, a picture, or a chain letter. We've all heard of them. With the creation and recognition of this brand new genre of horror, many a person has tried to write good stories. But only a few have made it into fame. This book attempts to showcase those stories. The ones that did keep you up at night. The classics, the pinnacle of the crop. Not all are gems, but all are remembered. Unlike Campfire Stories, which use the light of a fire to set the ambiance, CreepyPastas use the light of a computer screen in a dark room for their effect. CreepyPastas are a testament to the thrill we all get from being scared. No matter how advanced our society gets, there will always be a place for horror. With that, I invite you to curl up, keep your snacks and teddy bear handy, and enjoy these frightening tales.