Chapter 75 - The Fair

Start from the beginning

"Morning, darling." Lena smiles, just as widly as Kara.

Alura moves onto the bed, and then sees that there is no space between her two mothers, as they are both still tangled together. This causes the five-year-old to grow a pout on her face.

"I want to go there." Alura says, and points to the sport between her two mothers.

Lena chuckles at this assertion from her daughter.

"Alura, maybe ask more politely." Kara suggests, with a raised eyebrow.

Alura takes a breath in.

"Sorry." Alura says, "Please can I go between you both?"

Kara and Lena, once more, smile at Alura lovingly, before then turning to look at each other, and then slowly untangling themselves. Alura doesn't waste any time to fill the spot that is left after Kara and Lena untangle themselves, and move apart slightly from one another, getting under the covers as she does.

Kara and Lena can't help but chuckle at their daughter's eagerness.

"How are you this morning, darling?" Lena asks, turning to Alura and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Good, momma." Alura replies, "Grandma made me breakfast. I wanted to come in to you earlier, cause I didn't see you both last night, before I went to bed, but grandma told me to let you sleep."

Kara glances over at the clock and sees that it is only 9AM, so she is pretty glad that Eliza stopped Alura from coming in and waking them up earlier. She makes a note in her mind to thank her adoptive mother later.

"Sorry, darling. Mommy and I fell asleep while having our date in the treehouse." Lena replies.

"Yes." Kara nods, "When we woke up again, I carried momma inside, and saw you and Eliza were home and already asleep in bed."

Lena looks at Kara and smiles, forgetting until now that she fell asleep in the treehouse last night, and this morning woke up in their bed they have been using.

"Okay." Alura nods, content with the explanation.

"So, how was your date with grandma last night?" Kara asks, now leaning over to her daughter and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Good." Alura nods, happily.

Alura then goes into a long rambling explanation about the restaurant that she and Eliza went to last night, describing how it looked, and everything inside. Alura then goes on to discuss all the food that she and Eliza ate, including the large amount of ice-cream the two had for dessert. While Alura continues to ramble, Lena turns her gaze to look at Kara, with a smile on her face. Lena can't help but think just how similar Alura is to Kara in this moment, rambling on, just like Kara does, although without the slight nervousness, Lena hopes that's a part of Kara that is reserved for only her.

After Alura finishes telling Kara and Lena about her evening with Eliza, the three ladies continue to lie in the bed for a few more minutes, all cuddling each other happily, before they then get up and start their penultimate full day in Midvale.

****************************

Back in National City, over the last few days, Alex, Sam and Ruby have been spending time together when they can. The time itself has been limited, as Sam has been unable to take any days off work, mostly because she has had to pick up some of Lena's work while her friend is away on her own little short vacation. However, Sam has no complaints about it. In fact, Sam is very happy with the current situation, as while it may have caused her a bit more work, and her not being able to take time off to spend with Ruby on her first week off of Spring break, Sam is aware that Lena hasn't had a real vacation in years, if ever, so she knows this will ultimately be good for her friend. So, because of all of Sam's work, this has meant that her time with Ruby and Alex has been limited to the evenings, when the three of them have all had dinner together a couple of times this week at Sam's home.