Chapter Thirty

Začít od začátku

We repeated this process for five more photos, and finally, on the sixth Nathan, let out a long-aggravated groan before swiveling around in his desk chair to face me. 

"Whatever, fuck it, fine. I admit I seem to have a stupid type. Happy?" he grumbled.

A cocky smile spread over my lips. "An admittance that I was right, and you were wrong? Of course, I'm happy, Nat Nat," I winked.

He sent me a daggered look, seeming highly unimpressed with my gloating.

"No, but seriously, what's up with you and brunette model-looking chicks?" I probed as I took a seat at the end of his desk.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "I didn't even realize I went for a certain type. I guess it might be because of- never mind," he said, cutting himself off with the shake of his head. 

After a couple of seconds, he looked back up again. "I mean, I know for sure that I'm attracted to more than just brunettes," he said, his eyes brushing briefly over my face.

I snorted. "Well, I think your Instagram page begs to differ."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he mumbled. Slowly, he looked back with curious-lit eyes. "Actually, come to think of it, why the sudden interest Sophie? And why do you know my Instagram page so well?" he probed.

Shit. Shit. Shit. What am I supposed to say? That I got super into stalking him at the beginning of my gold-digging plan?

"No reason," I squeaked.

I must have taken a second too long to reply because Nathan smirked and leaned forward in his chair. "Was a certain blonde barbie jealous, perhaps?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes. "Please, I couldn't give two shits about who you're into. If you can't see how dazzlingly beautiful I am, then that's your issue, isn't it?" I shrugged as I swung my legs back and forth with an innocent smile.

He raised an eyebrow in amusement. "And we can add modesty to your list of great qualities too, can't we?" he joked.

"And you can add hypocritical to yours too," I winked.

For some reason, he actually smiled at that as though he was actually getting enjoyment from our back-and-forth insult session. 

Weird.

His face sobered up a little, and he cleared his throat. "No, but seriously with jokes aside, you're not wrong," he said, his eyes sweeping over me.

"Wrong about what?" I asked in confusion. 

His eyes darted around slightly in embarrassment. "You know...," he shrugged. 

I looked him up and down in amusement. "No, I don't know, Nathan, that's kinda why I asked," I laughed.

"Fine, you're not wrong about you being pretty," he mumbled in a quiet voice.

"What did you say?" I stammered, my smile growing broader by the second.

 "Oh, give me a break; you heard what I said. I'm not saying it twice," he grumbled.

"Aww, is someone embarrassed that they think I'm pretty?" I said as I jutted out my bottom lip.

 "This is precisely why I never compliment you," he scoffed.

"So, what I'm hearing is that you have more compliments to give me?" I asked as I raised an interrogative eyebrow.

 "And ten times as many insults to go along with them as well, don't you worry," he said, letting out a bitter laugh.

"How on earth do you do it?" I asked as I leaned forward on his desk in awe. 

He narrowed his eyes, clearly sensing I was working up to something rude. "Do what?" he questioned.

 "Convince all those beautiful women to jump into bed with you. I mean you've got such a massive stick rammed up your arse. I'm surprised they want to go anywhere near you," I shrugged.

"Are you trying to imply I don't have a game?" he scoffed.

 "Maybe," I said, my eyes alit with challenge.

"You have absolutely no idea what you're on about. I can get any girl, any time," he stated confidently. 

I snickered at his arrogance. "Really? What about lesbians? Nuns? Married people? People, who aren't mentally ill? Or-"

"Okay, fine then. I can get any heterosexual single woman," he corrected with the roll of his eyes.

I raised a single eyebrow in amusement and stared at him for an uncomfortably long period.

 Finally, I spoke. "Well, if that's the case, show me what you've got. Seduce me," I said bluntly.

"What?" he choked as he looked up at me with widened eyes. 

"You heard me, seduce me," I repeated, my eyes sparkling daringly. I knew he wouldn't do it, but it was fun to goad him. 

He swallowed nervously as his eyes darted back and forth between mine cautiously. "I can't," he said. 

"And why not?" I snickered. 

"Because you have a boyfriend, and well, you know...it's weird, we're fri-," he immediately cut himself off before he could finish and looked away.

 I pointed a finger at him in excitement. "Uh uh, I heard you, you were about to say friend, weren't you?" I said my smile widening in excitement.

 "No, I wasn't," he threw back quickly.

"You totally were," I chuckled. 

"No," he protested.

 I completely ignored him and laughed. "I knew I was wearing you down. Deny it all you want Nathan, but you know, you and I are besties," I teased as I playfully poked his arm with the tip of my swinging feet. 

"Shut up," he snapped as he pushed my foot away in annoyance.

"And anyway, back to the topic. It won't be weird to seduce me unless you make it weird. It's acting," I shrugged. 

He paused for a long time as though he was seriously contemplating it. Then a slither of doubt flickered through his eyes, and he slowly shook his head. "No, I can't, it would just...it would just, I can't," he stuttered, tripping over his words.

I let out a long sigh and hopped off the desk. "As I thought, all talk and no guts," I drawled as I dusted the imaginary dust off my leggings.

"While you try and relocate your clearly missing dick and balls, I'll be in the bathroom," I remarked before heading for his ensuite.

Before my fingers could so much as brush the doorknob, a large warm hand suddenly wrapped around my wrist and spun me around at a frighteningly quick speed. I gasped in surprise, and before I could even so much as get a word out, I was pushed rather roughly against his wall.

 A broad chest blocked my way, and two hands held my wrists in a firm grip on either side of my head.

 "Nathan?" I breathed in confusion as I took in the sight of his swirling green eyes staring right back into my own.

His eyes moved over the features of my face, and he swallowed. "I've changed my mind; let's play," he whispered. 

------------------------

Author's note:

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, thanks for reading xx

Also, if you're not mad at me for where I stopped then I'm not doing my job right ;) 

Next Update: Monday (6-8PM - UK time)