FOURTY ONE

FOURTY - ONE 

 ❝Murder On My Mind.

❞

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

The night sky was dark, though Ophelia saw nothing but colour.

It was almost as if she found herself, defying the odds that once tried to tear her away from Rafe, though were brought back together by fate, by chance, by their undying love for one another.

She was meant to be here. She was meant to be holding the gun Barry had given her, wrapping her fingers around the slick metal with her eyes narrowed in on the target.

"Let's go." Rafe had strayed back for a moment's time, grabbing ahold of Ophelia's hand. When she had stopped, turning to look directly at him, his head was already lowered, his eyes glossy as he fumbled over his words.

"You're sure?" Ophelia nodded, not a doubt within her mind. "What are you waiting for?" Ophelia hushed quietly, afraid that if she spoke too loud, their whole plan would be imploded right in their faces, all thanks to her. "This."

For a moments time, Rafe brought his lips to Ophelia's, placing them against hers softly. At first, it was sweet, his free hand wrapping around her face as his damp lips pecked her own. And then, his face grew flush, slipping his tongue in between her lips, tugging at her pony tail as he moaned quietly.

"Where the hell are you?"

Rafe's jaw tensed and his bottom lip twitched, one hand on the trigger, the other wrapped up with Ophelia's. He was on a mission, one he swore to play out, and the longer it took to locate the Routledge boy who essentially kidnapped and torchured his Ophelia.

He was dead set - quite literally.

"Nothing?" Rafe tore his hand from Ophelia's, running it through his already messy hair. "No, nothing." Barry replied. "Obviously they were just here based off the smoke, man." Rafe argued, to which Barry fought back. "Yeah, great observation boy scout."

The arguing had began, and Ophelia felt her head begging to pound. Rafe was right, Barry knew better. This, that, and everything else, Ophelia had finally snapped, throwing her arms in the air.

"God, would you two just shutup?" Silence fell over the two, a surpressed smile rising to Barry's face. "And she speaks without being spoken to." Barry chuckled. "I'll be damned, Kook Princess. But you see, I don't think Rafe gave you permission to speak."

Something inside of Ophelia had changed. The once soft and sensitive girl she was had been long gone. Raising her right arm, finger on the trigger, Ophelia pointed the gun directly towards Barry, without a second thought.