SIXTEEN

SIXTEEN

 ❝Midsummers Part 2: Taking Charge. ❞

─ ☆°•

─ ☆°•.¸☆¸.•°☆ ─

"At least you're not grinding on my brother this year."

Wheezie Cameron grinned in laughter as she linked hands with Ophelia, spinning underneath her arm as the once bright sky began to be clouded with pink and orange hues. "How do you even know what that is?"

Ophelia and Sarah shared a look, one that had their eyes narrowed in on the youngest Cameron, Ophelia's face twisting into utter embarrassment. "I'm almost an adult, Ophelia." Wheezie grinned playfully, earning a soft laugh from her older sister. "And besides, did you forget?"

Ophelia simply shook her head, her eyes wandering off into the distance. "How could anyone forget?" Sarah smiled lightly. "Rose was about to kill the two of you with her own bare hands."

Ophelia Martin was caught blushing, even in the dim light as the sky clouded over, Ophelia reminiscing on the previous years Midsummers, her backside pressed against Rafe for most of the night, the two kept to themselves as much as possible, catching the eyes of the joint Cameron - Martin business, as well as Wheezie Cameron, a sight she hadn't wished to see.

"Friends don't dance like that." Wheezie laughed at her own words, Sarah's eyes growing wide as the three spun in circles, dancing carelessly to the music echoing in the distance. "Where is Rafe, anyways?"

Sarah Cameron narrowed her eyes in on the Martin girl, whom simply shrugged her shoulders as she bent forwards, tugging at the pale heels lining her already sore and tender feet, slipping them off graciously as she spun around, only to be met with a face of shaggy blonde hair.

Sarah knew Ophelia Martin inside and out, and despite the raising question amongst the crowd that Rafe and Ophelia hadn't shown up together, Sarah would continue to pry, wondering what was going on behind closed doors with her best friend and brother.

That was, until, JJ Maybank slipped through the crowd with a small smile resting on his pale face, his eyes roaming in between the two girls, his hands outstretching to meet with Ophelia's waist, catching her in time before she met with the floor.

"JJ?" Sarah spoke up softly behind Ophelia, the girl steadying her swaying body as the blonde haired boys grip tightened, a flushed look washing over his concerned features. "Shit." He mumbled softly. "I'm sorry, Ophelia."

The dark haired girl starred at the boy before her with wide eyes, her hand reaching up to her face to brush away the dark curls. "It's okay." She hushed quietly, barely noticing his hands still wrapped around her waist, that and Rafe making way behind the boy rather quickly.