Gratitude

Today was the last day I was going to be tutoring Tae. It had been exactly three months since we started lessons together. He had improved greatly, infact he was just as good as me if not better. I had unapologetically introduced him to a life of reading and he was more than happy about it.

I had arrived from work at 5pm, I took a shower and changed into my pjs. While waiting for the last lesson at 7pm, I looked up places where one could go for vacation. I had applied for a leave and lucky me I got a month. I couldn't sit home and read and sleep for 31 days so I thought about going on a vacation. Some place I'd relax and see new people. Not becoming friends though, I still felt strange around men. I know it's bad to judge everyone else based on one bad encounter but I was seriously trying.

The pain felt like it happened yesterday. I could still feel his hands on my body forcefully claiming me. His tongue licking my face, his member pounding my lady part mercilessly. He ignored my pleas yet every other day he would say he was going to protect me. He broke me from the inside and what hurt more was that he still roamed the streets free. I was too chicken to take proper steps unnecessarily prolonging my misery.

Enough of that, I googled resorts that were sort of getaways and found a few. I remembered Brian was an explorer so I reached for my phone on my desk.

Me: Hey B, you know any resort I could go to? A low-key one, with a bit of nature and all?

After sending the text it was almost time for the last lesson. After we'd successfully connected, he was on the other side wearing a black oversized sweater with his afro a little damp. I assumed he had just taken a shower.
"Wassup?"
"Hey Tae, ready for our last lesson?" I asked with one of my brightest smiles.
"I guess I am, sad though,"
"Why's that?" I asked him.
"Will definitely miss your clumsiness. Besides, you're a fun person to be around," he said, he was dead serious saying that.
"You're fun too though you dont say much. Guess I will miss this too, I never thought I'd be this patient,"
"Yeah real patient and crazy," h just had to say it, "I didn't say this earlier thinking you'd shut me out for being a perv but your underwear choice is just the best."
I felt my cheeks heating up, I smiled like a retard.
"Thank you," I said shyly before it struck me that he had just complimented my underwear.
"Wait... what? You perv!" I screamed at him failing to keep a straight face.
"I knew you'd scream at me," he replied in his deep voice chuckling darkly.
"Hyung? Who are you talking to?" I heard a voice say behind Tae before a black-haired guy appeared behind Tae. He was good looking with a sharp handsome face and was about Tae's height only a little shorter.
"I'm in a lesson Kookie," he said softly pointing to his PC. The Kookie guy raised an eyebrow at Tae, I assumed they were brothers. He smiled shaking his head before heading out. Tae shifted his attention back to me, just then my phone started ringing. I swiped the icon seeing that it was just Brian. He's all that ever called anyways.

Me: Hey B
Brian: Hey penguin
Me: you need to stop calling me a penguin
Brian: but you are
Me: whatever! Have you found a resort for me? I really need to go on vacation, I've a whole month
Brian: I am still searching. It's hard to find a place to chill out for a person like you
Me: what do you mean?
Brian: you won't find a girls retreat Mel, you've gotta learn to be around men-
Me: Hey hey, I get it. When you find a good one, let me know
Brian: sure hun, love you
Me: love you too

I hung up with a sigh, he was gonna say too much if I hadn't stopped him. And Tae was still online.
"I know a place," he spoke soon after I placed my phone on the table.
"You do?"
"Yeah, it's perfect for couples but if you want alone time, that's the place. They won't disturb you,"
"Are you for real?" I asked almost screaming.
"Yeah," he said casually.
"Where's that?" I asked.
"Here in Seoul, South Korea," he was so casual as if he was making the most sense in the world. My jaw hung open.
"That's way off my buget," I mumbled to myself but he heard me.
"Do you have your passport with you?"
"Yeah I do, why?"
"Bring it here, there's something I want to show you," I just said okay before going to my bedroom to fish out my passport. I came back placing it on the table.
"What's the passport code?" He asked. I looked at him, before calling it out to him. He scribbled the code on a piece of paper.
"Name?"
"Melanie Reed,"
"Age?"
"23"
"ID number?" I called it out to him. He asked a few personal details and said he was done.
"Wait... number?"
"+44 775 254 178" I gave him that too.
"Okay, let's get started with the lesson," I just looked at him with my forehead heavily creased. I let it go and we went on with out our last lesson which was twice the usual hour. We said our goodbyes and I flopped myself into my couch, sighing in relief. I was finally done. I must have fallen asleep only to be woken up by my phone ringing from a distance. I stood up following the sound.
I just answered without checking caller ID,

Female voice: hello, am i speaking to Miss Melanie Reed?
Me: yeah
Female voice: you've been booked into the 2pm flight to Seoul Korea tomorrow
Me: What? Me?
Female voice: yes, please report at the London Airport at 1pm for verification
Me: okay, thank you

The line went dead and I stood there, phone in hand, dumbfounded. Before I could react, another call came in. I swiped the icon in my shocked state

Me: Melanie Reed speaking
Him: it's Tae, have they confirmed your flight yet?
Me: Tae did you book that flight for me?
Him: yeah i did
Me: whyyyyyyy?
Him: cause there's some place I know you'd like
Me: Tae...
Him: please allow me do this as gratitude, I know you were undercharging me
Me: but...
Him: please. See you tomorrow, I'll be waiting at the airport for you
Me: fine
Him: thank you

I couldn't believe my ears right now. How could he just book a flight for me? I didn't even know him. What if he did to me what Wesley did? What if?...

I sank into the chair completely exhausted.