Part 27

Steve's POV:

It's been about two months since the incident with Ross on Christmas. Since then, the three of us have been staying in an apartment in Manhattan. Lydie goes to school everyday under a fake last name, Nat and I both work at Shield doing whatever it is Fury needs us to do while being able to stay out of the spotlight and unrecognized.

Natasha dyed her hair 2 shades darker, while I've been letting my hair grow long and a beard cover my face. So far nothing seems to have happened to compromise our position, everything's been going so well that Lydie is going to stay at the tower for a few days while Nat and I go to one of Tony's private island's.

I throw the last of my items into my suitcase, carefully tucking the one thing I really need and want to bring with me somewhere Natasha wont find it. I close the top of the suitcase and zip it closed just at Natasha walks into the room.

"You almost ready? We gotta go in a minute." Tasha walks towards me and pats my chest before she zips up her fully packed suitcase and picks it up off the bed.

I go to take it out of her hand but she sends me a playful glare telling me to back off. A grin creeps onto my face and I peck her lips, "I'm ready." Nat smiles back and pecks my lips again, I take the opportunity of her being distracted to grab the suitcase out of her hands. She makes an offended noise and goes to take it back but I swing it around my back and lightly tap her shoulder. The apartment buzzer sounds and I smirk, "Oh look, someones at the door! Can you go get that? Thank youuuu." I give her a cheeky grin as she narrows her eyes, she turns around and walks towards the buzzer to see who's there.

I watch her go with a slight sway of her hips, she knows I'm watching her. I blush and look at the ground as I stuff a couple final items into my carry on.

"Babe, we gotta go!" Nat calls from the front, I grab both our small suitcases and throw my backpack over my shoulder with a pair of sunglasses over my eyes.

We head down to the ground floor in the elevator, I throw all the bags in the trunk of the car and get in the drivers seat. Natasha sits beside me in the passenger seat and connects the bluetooth to her phone, she starts to blast 90s rock music as we drive towards the airport to catch our flight. I grab her hand and kiss it before we get out of the car and attempt to make it through baggage drop, security, and sitting at our gate until it's our turn to board the plane without being noticed.

Why couldn't Pepper let us use Stark Industries jet? Oh right, she was letting us until Tony got involved and decided to torture us by buying us both first class plane tickets on American Airlines. At least he didn't get us economy middle seats.

We keep our hats on until we have to take them off for security, Nat adjusts the glasses that are resting her nose and leans into my side as we wait our turn to walk through the metal detector. Stepping through the metal detector the officer does a double take but quickly goes back to their work, they do the same with Nat before our carryons are released from the scanners and continue down the conveyor belt.

With my backpack over one shoulder I grab at the strap with the one hand as my other one clutches Natasha's hand as we attempt to find our gate. "I know you have something in there, how'd you get it past security?" I whisper to her as we find seats out of the way of everyone else.

Tasha smirks as her eyes light up with mischief. "I've got a lipstick laser, a makeup brush that turns into a very handy dagger, a pistol coated in vibranium so it wont show up on any radars, and a vibranium knife in my bra."

I smile and wrap and arm around her neck as I pull her towards me, "That's my girl," I mutter into her hair seconds before we are called to bored the flight.

Natasha's POV:

After turning down champagne, much to Steve's confusion and skepticism, when we first get on the plane, spending half the flight staring at a plain spot on the other side of the aircraft, and the other half with my legs on Steve's lap as I attempt - and fail - to read my book, I now know that Steve at least suspects something is different.

When we make it out of the airport with very little attention being payed to us, we find the driver Stark set up for us to take us to the marina where we will get into a boat that we will take us to the Starks private island in the Bahamas.

The house is gorgeous with high ceilings, modern but not too modern finishings and an amazing view of the ocean with little dots of land far off in the distance. There's a massive infinity pool on the other side of the kitchen, the pool overlooks the large white sand beach as waves gently crash into the shore.

I let go of the suitcase I was dragging and walk towards the floor to ceiling windows that cover the living room, I hear the general thuds of Steve's shoes against the white tile floor as he walks towards me. Steve wraps his arms around my waist as he stands behind me and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"It's beautiful." I say while admiring the view.

"Not as beautiful as you." Steve states and buries his face in my shoulder at the cheesy line.

Once he seems to get over the initial embarrassment he presses light kisses in the crook of my neck and then higher up to the base of my ear. He spins me around in his arms and passionately kisses my lips.

*Marvin the time skip is here to say hi*

We walk on the beach hand in hand, my long flowy sundress blows behind me with each step. Steve seems nervous, the type of nervous that he's trying his best to hide but is failing... miserably.

I look out over the ocean with the sun setting over the horizon, "Hey, Nat?" I look back into his beautiful blue eyes.

I give him him a smile, encouraging him to continue. Steve gives me a shy smile as he swallows and stops walking. "Baby, these past 3 days have been incredible. You're incredible, and-"

Steve stumbles over his words, and I smile resting my hands on his chest I lean into him and try to calm him down, "Baby what is it?"

He licks his lips and clears his throat before he continues, "Tasha, you take my breath away every time you walk into a room. You put a smile on my face just by saying 'hello'. You are the kindest, funniest, most caring person I have ever known and I love you so much. I love our family so, so much. And I want so much more of all of that with you. You're my person, Nat."

Steve steps back and reaches into his pocket as he gets down on one knee and looks up at me with puppy dog eyes, opening a small velvet box he asks, "Natalia Alianova Romanova, will you make me the happiest man in the universe, by marrying me?"

A/N

Mwa hahaha i feel so evil 😈

The last one was super long so this one was shorter, i have plans my lovelies... i have plans

I have never felt so single

I really hope you peoples enjoyed this and that you have a great day:)

-agirlwholikesmarvel1