Chapter 2

Sirius won the game. At least until they realized he wasn't eating them and just slipping them into his sleeve. He got slugged by Roma and James for that.

Remus just rolled his eyes.

As annoying as they all were, they were very quickly growing on him.

Roma left them alone when they got closer and needed to change into their robes.

They met up again outside the train where the rather large gamekeeper herded all the first years to the row boats. The four of them got into a boat together and Roma splashed James 'accidentally'.

He couldn't tell if it was her or Sirius and had enough prudence to not retaliate and get the two of them soaked.

Remus face-palmed.

"Would you look at that castle," Sirius marveled.

"Yeah, it'll be fun to destroy," Roma said deadpan.

"Roma!" Remus scolded.

James chuckled slightly.

When they reached the shore, James offered a hand to Roma which she took.

And used to pull him back into the boat where he knocked into Sirius who fell loudly on the bench.

"Roma!" Remus found himself scolding again.

Roma stuck her tongue out at him.

The three boys scrambled out of the boat and followed her toward the rest of the group of first years heading towards the castle.

"Might I ask you a question, mademoiselle Lupin?" James asked in his most formal, pretentious tone.

Roma giggled. "I think you just did. But I suppose I shall allow it."

James snorted. "Fair enough. What exactly makes you and Remus so different? I mean, you are twins and you look almost identical."

"You're an only child, aren't you, mate?" she asked.

"Yeah, but that's not a problem, is it?"

She laughed loudly. "Only an only child would assume siblings defaulted to identical personalities."

"She's right, mate," Sirius chimed in. "My little brother is nothing like me at all."

"As we said earlier," Remus added in. "Roma's older. And...well, we haven't exactly had the easiest go of it, so she's always been a tad bit protective. And that makes her the bolder of the two of us. As for the anarchical tendency? Well, I'm afraid that's stumped me for years."

"What he said," Roma deadpanned. "But the rebellious streak is in contrast to his reticent tendencies."

"Smaller words, please," Sirius complained. "Not all of us are pint-sized geniuses."

"Roma's chaos and Remus is shy," James translated.

"A'ight back there?" the groundskeeper called, effectively shutting them up.

"Quite well, and you?" James called back, unfazed.

The large man let out an uproarious laugh. "I'm well, thanks for askin'! We're almost to the castle, so look sharp!"

The other first years tittered nervously.

"Might as well shut up for now," Remus suggested, a slightly apprehensive look on his face.

Roma bumped his arm. "Relax, Remus. There's no way you're landing in Slytherin and you're sure to make friends in any other house."

"I'm not worried about which house," he whispered. "I'm worried that you and I might not be in the same one."