Chapter 10: Fight or argue? Pick one!

Start from the beginning

The RNN officer approached, "One more step and we will shoot!"

My eyes bulged, "Don't! He's just drunk."

Even though Dirk wasn't drunk, I had to lie. If the SHA started shooting, we were doomed. My crew was large, but the last thing I needed was more people getting killed.

"You're interfering too much!" I looked deep into Bosch's eyes. "Stay quiet and disappear with Tamara after the SHA leaves!"

He kept walking towards the men, "You don't own me!"

My former husband took a deep breath. I cocked my head to the side, wondering what was inside his crazy mind. Although I did my best, it was nearly impossible to stop Bosch from doing stupid things. The SHA men frowned as the redhead kept challenging them... Yes, even my enemies knew he was more immature than a child. I looked at Laurens and slid my index finger across my neck, simulating a throat being slit. He nodded and ran.

I hope Laurens still remembers the signal...

I gawked once Bosch attacked an RNN guy. He stabbed the man in the stomach, leaving a river of blood on the floor. I squeezed my eyes shut and... Guess what? The SHA men attacked us! Tamara jumped into the water and swam away. She loved my former husband so much that she left him... I can't say he didn't deserve it. Honestly, Tamara was too good for Dirk... Don't judge me! She was a nice woman before betraying my trust. Laurens joined the fight with Maartje, Francis, and other crewmembers.

"Change of plans! We'll fight these morons to the death," I turned to my cousin and Laurens. "You two take down the men on the right. I'll deal with the ones on the left."

Maartje grabbed her broadsword, "I didn't hear you and Dirk arguing, but I know he caused this. That bastard made things so much worse!"

"Making things worse is his specialty," I sighed while remembering the countless bad moments Bosch and I had. "If we lose too many crewmembers, I'll kick that idiot into the ocean."

"Not if I do it first," Laurens glared at the redhead. "I wish Miguel were here. We created a special kick to throw Dirk overboard in case he bothered you too much."

"You're unbelievable!" my cousin shook her head in denial. "Why are men such babies?"

I chuckled, "That's one of the things I like the most about them."

The three of us laughed. Francis barked, seemingly agreeing. We started fighting our opponents. I breathed so quickly that the air seemed colder as it went through my nostrils. An Armada man moved his cutlass quicker than a hurricane as I blocked him with difficulties. That guy almost struck his blade against my neck, but Francis sank his teeth into his calf, giving me time to stab him on the thigh. He shouted something in Spanish I didn't understand. Yes, I should've taken classes with Miguel and Luna... Damn it!

I smiled at my dog, "That was fantastic, pal."

Francis licked my hand and I kept fighting the man. My legs burned as the Spaniard fought fast, making me take several steps back while sweat dripped on my neck. I dodged his blows and poked a massive hole into his chest with my cutlass, cracking his skin. The man's eyes bulged and he fell flat on the floor.

This has to end!

I glanced away once Bosch glared at me from a distance. Even though the redhead was fighting, he still made me feel bad... Amazing, wasn't it? What a talented man! I sighed in relief when an RNN guy attacked me with his blade... No, you didn't read it wrong. Anything was better than dealing with Dirk's attitude.

"Don't say I didn't warn you. Breaking up with me was stupid," Bosch slit his enemy's throat from behind. "You always need me to clean up your messes!"