I.

Again, this is just a trial story. Just a thought that I had and wished to write about.

If this is going to be a completed book, I'm going to keep each chapter at about 2,000+ words but will end the story at maybe 10-15 chapters.

Word count: 2,500+

• • •

Twin flames.

Two souls that are always meant to be together.

Sometimes it takes time...

Sometimes it takes a parallel universe...

But the thing about twin flames is that nothing can keep them apart.

...At least that's what you've been told.

You didn't have the luxury of finding out for yourself whether it was true or not. In fact, the simple thought of having a soul connection with another person left a bitter taste in your mouth.

Whoever your fated is- has the worst luck in the whole universe to be paired with you.

You felt sorry for them because you know that you wouldn't be able to truly commit to them due to what happened centuries prior— the sole reason why you had become immortal in the first place.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You blinked and observed the most beautiful castle you've ever seen while sitting down on a mountain cliff that you were simply using as a scouting site.

There was a weird pull that drew you to Romania.

It just felt almost...right to be here.

Looking through your binoculars, you wondered who lived in such an extravagant place and why you felt the need to greet them.

"Y/n," You sighed and slowly put down your binoculars to recognize the one person you never wanted to see again speaking to you, "I'm quite perplexed to see you here."

You crossed your arms and locked eyes with the familiar gorgeous blonde, "Miranda. I would say it's a pleasure to see you again but it's not."

"Still as unpleasant as ever. Tell me, did you find your fated yet?" She chuckled coldly, already knowing the answer to her question.

Anger quickly flared inside your body as she clearly took great pleasure in your loneliness and pain. It was such a low blow.

Two can play that game.

You immediately countered a snarky reply, "Did you get your daughter back yet?"

Her eyes lit up in fury and she quickly got into your face, "Silence! You ungrateful-"

"Why don't you be silent? You can call me all the names you want, I didn't ask for any of this bullshit!" You snarled right back at her, a very low growl rumbled in the back of your throat.

"Do you know how many people would want your power? Your immortality?" Miranda pointed a finger at you, her arm shaking in anger, "You act as if you were cursed! You were given a gift!"

"Gift? You call what I have a gift?" You sprang up from your campsite and gestured to your body, "This is a curse! Being immortal is terrible! All the friends I make die due to their mortality and you know that I cannot fall in love! Why the fuck can I have all this so called power in this godforsaken place if there's literally nobody by my side to share it with?"