While many were shocked that the little girl came out victorious most of the onlookers soon broke out into applause. Of course, those from Legerdemain were the ones leading the cheering. There were a few, mainly the cheating competitors, who weren't very keen on doing anything beyond reluctantly clapping. Soon the cheers died down and everyone waited for the points to be tallied.

Cornelius stood up in front of a crystal butterfly, "Time to announce the points!"

On the floating screens a series of stats appeared. There was fastest time, number of spells used and damage taken. With the fastest time of under 5 minutes, only 1 bubble spell used and no damage to human or dragon it made perfect sense that Legerdemain's team got the full 10 points. As the points were decided everyone had to admit that Legerdemain won this round, which wasn't easy for some people to accept. Especially the competitors, who didn't seem happy about the scores.

Just as it looked like everyone was leaving the bleachers one of the members of the Hogwarts team scowled, "How did you do that? You must've cheated-"

"What kind of cheating could even be done with everyone watching? Besides, you guys had weeks to plan unlike me and Julian, right?" Sally remarked and the annoyed competitors from Durmstrang, Hogwarts and Beauxbatons suddenly became rather silent. "Yeah, Hogwarts told us."

The minister went over to the 8 competitors, "What's this about cheating?" He asked and noticed that Julian wasn't really listening. Instead the boy had his ear against the gold egg.

One of the Durmstrang team members shook his head nervously, "Nothing, sir!"

"Oh?" Cornelius asked though he suspected he knew what happened.

With everything going on he forgot that the three schools had an advantage by being in the same vicinity as the tasks. If any details got out they'd be the first to know and sadly their egos probably didn't let them share the information with Legerdemain's team. Not that it made a difference here.

Sally smiled, "It's ok, Minister." She said and ignored the competitors, who looked relieved that she didn't tell the minister, as she turned to her teammate. "Do you hear it too?"

Julian stood up revealing that he had a bubble around the ear that was against the egg and grinned, "Yep! I definitely hear it too." Julian said as he popped the earmuff bubble. They waved goodbye before taking their egg and going to join their school group.

One of the competitors gasped, "Wait! Hear wha-"

"If I'm correct about that little conversation a moment ago," the six other competitors froze and turned to look at the minister, who was deceitfully cheerful. "Then the six of you are already pretty good at getting information. Do you really need them to give you hints even though you didn't give them the same courtesy?"

The six competitors winced, "No, Minister Fudge."

"Good. I'd hate to see you display such tactics. It wouldn't put your schools in the best light. Farewell." Cornelius said hoping the other three teams would play fair from now on. "Rita! You were wonderful! You should definitely announce for the second round too. It'll add some glamour to this event." He said as he went over to the disguised wizard.

Rita smiled proudly, "Why I would be honored, minister. Those screens really are a fabulous addition!" She said excitedly as she picked up her drink.

"Yes ... they are." Cornelius muttered and quietly groaned when he saw Rita practically jump in front of a crystal butterfly just to strike a pose as she sipped her drink. The poor butterfly seemed as annoyed as Cornelius tried not to roll his eyes, but it humored her and projected her image on the screen even though everyone was leaving. "The camera does seem to love you."