Chapter 17: Her Awakening

Again, I had a strange dream, which felt very real. Childe was standing in front of me. He was shaking my shoulders, telling me to gain my senses. Police sirens rang everywhere. Gunshots in the air. The stench of blood as I was carried in Childe's strong arms.

I woke up to the familiar view of my room. Except, confusion sounded in my ears. Kazuha wasn't beside me anymore. The room was eerily empty.

"Kazuha?"

No answer.

I walked downstairs, only to find more emptiness. Our cat was lying on the ground, sleeping. But Kazuha was nowhere to be found. I again found myself in a trance.

"WAKE UP FOR GOD'S SAKE!" Childe waved a hand irritatedly through his caramel coloured hair. His blue eyes were full of panic, and blood oozed out from his shoulder.

I was in my house again. What was happening? Was I sick? Was I mentally ill or something? Fuck. I clutched my head with both hands. Tears streamed down my eyes. I needed Kazuha. Where was he?! Why wasn't he here when I needed him? The world twisted and turned around me, and I felt sick from the bottom of my stomach.

"Listen. This here is reality. I'm not allowing you to go back there." Childe's voice sounded in my ears. I let out a distressed cry as I clutched my forehead.

"Whats happening?" I asked. Childe laid me down and sat in front of me.

"I'll tell you, but don't think about anything thats happened so far is true or you'll be lost again. Got it?" he asked. I nodded.

"Good. Now listen. You're a murderer. Got it?" Childe pointed to me.

"What?!"

"Exactly what I said. You've killed many people. Remember the Kamisato family? You killed them."

"N-no way!"

"Kaedehara Kazuha and his girlfriend? You killed them."

"NO!"

"Yes."

"B-but he's my-"

"No he's not. He rejected you when you confessed. Soon after, you started isolating more at your place and going out by yourself, and I showed up at your place. You saved me, but you seemed to think Kazuha was there."

"No-"

"Just listen, okay? You were obsessed with him. You'd always be watching him. When I was saved by you, I really didn't expect it."

"I don't want to hear that! This is all just a dream!"

"If you wanna be trapped again, be that way."

"..."

"Anyways, the police found out and we're on the run."

"..."

It was all a lie. I was mentally insane. Obsessed over Kazuha. I'd killed him. I'd killed Ayaka and her family. I was a monster.

"I'm a monster, huh?"

"Same as me, then." Childe chuckled bitterly as he removed the bullet from his shoulder with a knife.

"Does that hurt?"

"Not much." was the gruff reply.

"Okay."

A/N: Lol how is suffering going? Anyways, emo babus reality is here.

For those confused!

Lumine became like this after Aether's death!

Second, the stableness of her mind further eroded when both Childe and Kazuha rejected her! Depressed, she hallucinated being his significant other, and her brain deleted the memories of her getting rejected by him. She had an unhealthy interest in Kazuha, which he noticed, and kept away from her.

Third, Kazuha's past is canon. It wasn't Lumine but his girlfriend who he was thinking about telling it to.

Thats all!