twelve

Eleazar arrived that night to see what the favor is. Phoebe smiled as she was helping Esme. "I got here as fast as I could. What is it that you need?"

"Phoebe." Phoebe walked in and stopped seeing another man in the room. "This is Edward's mate and the surrogate mother of Rosalie and Emmett's child."

"Hello, my parents would be here, but their on vacation." She says.

"Thomas and Lindsey, I've met them. Extraordinary people."

"Phoebe pointed out that a human may be able to carry a baby from vampires or if there is a gift that allows it." Carlisle said. "I think she's onto something there."

"Has she tried..."

"We're waiting till our wedding day." Edward replies. "I'm not rushing her and she's not in no hurry."

Eleazar noticed how the two shared a look of nothing, but love. They looked back Eleazar as he was thinking. "I'll do my research. Might have to pull some strings in the Volturi to see if they ever heard of something like this, but for now, I don't think you should get your hopes up, Phoebe."

"It was just a thought."
~~~
The next day, Phoebe walked through the halls with Edward when they saw Bella. "When do you think Harper will come back?"

"I don't know, but I hope its soon."

Phoebe sighed as she looked at him. "Edward, I know that you want her home, but we have to think of her being a newborn too. She is probably scared as her life unexpectedly changed. We have to give her time and when she gets back, she can handle Bella. For now, we focus on our relationship and Emmett and Rosalie's baby."

Edward nodded knowing she was right. He shouldn't be worried about another human knowing because Phoebe is a human and her parents were turned recently too. She had every rights to know, but Bella, Edward is unsure off. Phoebe kissed his cheek causing him to smile as they walked off. Bella wondered how Edward went from glaring to calm in seconds because of Phoebe Summers.
~~~
That night, Edward laid with Phoebe as she slept when Harper walked in. He read her mind, but she did want to know Bella better. Edward looked at Phoebe and kissed her head and sighed. "I won't let anything happen to you or this baby. You are a blessing to my family and I'm so glad to have you in my life." He tells her. "I love you, Phoebe."

Phoebe stirred in her sleep a bit, but didn't wake up. Edward smiled as he was glad that he made the right decision in knowing Phoebe Summers because he would have lost someone so amazing. Harper walked in to see Edward act like he was asleep and smiled as she knew she would have to know Bella before deciding like Edward did with Phoebe. "I will know her."