Chapter 11 - Can You Hear Me Now?

Nami sprinted to the entrance.

"Sorry ma'am, Soul King has already begun."

"Please! I need to get in! I'm Brook's friend!"

"Hmm, what's your name?"

"Nami!"

They flip through a few pages. "Oh, you're right. Sorry about that, you can head up those stairs to the VIP section."

"Is anybody else up there? A group of 7?"

"Yeah, all the Straw Hats are up there."

"Okay!"

She made her way up the stairs.

"Luffy!" She shouted his name multiple times. It was pointless, it was too loud. She made her way past the crowd.

"Sorry!"
"Excuse me!"
"Pardon!"

"Oh there he is!" She spotted her crew, "Finally!"

"Luffy! Luffy! Please listen to what I have to say!"

He ignored her and attended to Soul King.

"Please!"

The crowd pushed them apart.

"Why is there so many people in the VIP section?" She was visibly annoyed.

"He won't hear me out.." She thought.

"I have an idea!" She knew there was only one way to prove her point.

"Excuse me!"
"Pardon me!"
"Sorry!"

Nami made her way through the crowd. It was too packed.

"Thank you all for coming, I hope you enjoyed it" Soul King spoke his fans.

"It's already over?" Nami was upset, "No way, they were only gone for like 20 minutes!"

She eventually got up to stage. Most of the audience was near the exit. Luffy and the rest of the Straw Hats already got out of their seats.

Nami got onto the stage. "Wait!" She said into the microphone.

Nami asked Brook to help her with her plan.

Everybody stared at the orange-haired girl.

"What's she doing up there?"
"What's going on?"
"Where's Soul King?"

She was nervous, but glad she caught Luffy's attention.

"Luffy! Can you hear me now?"

He glared at the girl.

"Im sorry! I was wrong. You were right. I was stupid and I doubted myself of my true feelings."

"What's she saying?" Sanji peered.
"Huh?" Usopp questioned.
"She's bold." Robin chuckled.

"I'm not ashamed of loving you, Luffy! I love you! I'm not going to reject the feelings I have for you. Well, maybe I'm a little ashamed, because you can be such an idiot sometimes." Tears filled her eyes. She regretted how much she had hurt Luffy because she was in denial. "I'm sorry."

Sanjis hands and knees were on the floor. "Luffy is loved by two goddesses; I'm drowning in my own self-pity. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

Most of the crew was in disbelief (except zoro, again). Luffy was even surprised. "So what are you gonna do, captain?" Robin chuckled.

Nami had prepared to get off stage. She scored no reaction out of Luffy except pure shock. "That's okay, I just wanted to let him know." She wiped her cheek.

He grinned and stretched his arms out to the stage. Luffys eyes met Nami's. She stopped and held her gaze to his. "What?" She asked.

The girls luminous brown eyes pierced through his. Luffy's expression softened up.

"I understand what love is now. I love you too, Nami." Luffy grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"I wasn't expecting that," Usopp said.
"Took those two long enough," Robin smiled.
"I hate our shitty captain now," Sanji cried.

"Queue in the fireworks!" Brook ordered to Franky, who was balling his eyes out.

Luffy and Nami shared an intense, passionate, loving kiss the both of them longed for.