Day Two: Point of View - First Person

The next day I woke up from a progressing dream, ate a feeble breakfast of only one toast, and I strolled to school with Sayori. We headed to school and were almost late! Classes went by at a plodding pace until the last period. As soon as the final bell rang, I ran with a flash drive in hand to the club room. 

The room was empty, thankfully, and I inserted the flash drive into the computer. The program was still open and I browsed to tthe file, the file is titled “Project Doki Doki.” I had no idea why the file was titled this way, but I copied the files into my flash drive just in time before Yuri showed up. I quickly greeted her and slid the flash drive into my pocket just before anyone could notice. The club meeting went as usual until the members started sharing their poems. Natsuki shared her poem to me first and it was too simple for my tastes, but I said it was a good poem because I didn't want to hurt her feelings. 

On the other hand, Yuri criticized her poem, not harshly, but with constructive criticism however. But, Natsuki wasn't taking any of it, so that's when the chaos emerged. Me and Monika tried to break up the fight, but it wasn't working, so me, her, and Sayori left the room. We heard nothing but the yelling of Natsuki and Yuri for two minutes until Yuri left the room in a mess of tears. We attempted to comfort her and eventually it worked. We entered the room and they made up, apologizing to one another. Honestly I do believe Natsuki was in the wrong here, but I want to keep the peace. 

Everyone went home and I as usual went home with Sayori talking about what happened at the club today and other recent events. I wave goodbye to Sayori and I enter my abode and rush upstairs to my room, closing my bedroom door with great haste, I plug in the flash drive into my computer, and browse the contents of “Project Doki Doki.” 

I open the program and see that there's six parts to the project. "MC, Sayori, Yuri, Natsuki, Monika, and NPC Control." The last asset is one I'm most interested in, but I open the first one, "MC." Opening it results in multiple other assets appearing such as, "MC's room background." I click my mouse and see an image of my room. There's an option on the upper right corner of the software. "Change Background." I click, and it leads me to my file explorer. Then, I click on a random picture and the room suddenly changes into a picture of a purple space Nebula. I'm confused and amazed all at the time, like two powers intertwining into a greater feeling. 

My jaw dropped in an amazed disbelief. I push my office chair and fall on my tailbone, I don't feel anything, my mind is racing until a few minutes have flown by at great pace and I manage to connect the dots. Using this I can change the world. I managed to stay up the whole night playing around with the program, forgetting to write my poem for the club meeting. I undid every change such as my room background so Monika doesn’t become suspicious that somebody has her project.