There was a faint bye as Beckham walked out to her car, a gray BMW, a gift from her father. Joseph was practically made out of big bucks that he could probably buy and sell Sunnyvale. He might be the first person to voluntarily move to Shadyside, but that was most likely her mother's doing. Joseph wasn't her biological father, he had met her during one of his business trips and called it "love at first sight". Beckham didn't know her real dad and didn't want to know him. He chose to abandon them both, end of story. At least now, they were all happy.

And that feeling expanded as she pulled up to the Kalivoda residence and honked her horn twice. A few seconds later, out stumbled her boyfriend of three years, Simon. The two met during elementary school and eventually started dating the summer before high school. Now in their senior year, they had big plans for the future.

Simon entered the car, immediately placing a kiss upon Beckham's cherry flavored lips. "Good morning, my fair lady."

"And to you, kind sir." Their hands met in the middle to lay on the armrest as she proceeded towards school. "What's on the agenda today?"

"Besides going to that lame football game, nothing." He leaned back boredly before tilting his head towards her, his eyes moving to their intertwined hands. A small smile ghosted his lips as he toyed with the promise ring on her finger. "You should repaint my nails later."

"Why should I? Can't you do it yourself," she teased.

"Because when I do it, it looks like shit. You're a perfectionist at this."

Rolling her eyes playfully, Beckham glanced at Simon and back at the road. "How about during lunch, since we have to leave right after school."

"Sounds like a plan." Simon grinned widely and reached forward to turn up the volume of the radio.

The tune of 'Don't You (Forget About Me)' blasted through the speakers, Simon air-drumming while singing along to the lyrics and looking at the girl. She laughed while occasionally joining in, but kept focus on driving. He did this ever so often and Beckham constantly told him that one day they'd end up in a car crash because of it. He would respond that he didn't care, as long as they died together. How overdramatic.

Eventually arriving to school, the couple exited the car and walked in together, hearing the loud chatter of students from every direction. Simon accompanied Beckham to her locker, having his arm around her shoulder to keep them close together as the rambunctious teens ran up and down the halls.

"Kate said she wanted to talk to me about something, but I'll find you later," he said. Beckham nodded as she opened her locker.

His arm moved towards her waist to pull her closer, if possible, and pressed his lips against hers, her arm immediately moving to wrap around his neck. She smiled into the kiss as her fingers threaded through the wisps of his hair and lightly stood on her tippy toes. She was the first to pull away, knowing that they could continue for who knows how long if they didn't stop now.

"Go. I'll see you in homeroom." Beckham shoved his shoulder before turning her attention to grabbing her textbooks. She felt him slap her butt gently but quickly scurried away before she could say anything.

A small chuckle left her mouth as she exchanged the notebooks in her bag into her locker. Like everyone else, the inside of her locker was decorated to her liking. Nothing too special, just a few polaroids of her closest friends along with the cheerleading squad. Every day she looked at them and couldn't help the warm content that spread throughout her.

While walking down the hall, she passed by Heather Watkins' locker, seeing the sticky notes filled with heartfelt messages. Unfortunately, Heather was a recent victim of another murder at the Shadyside Mall. Her and Beckham were lab partners. It was sad to see another young spirit leave so soon.