Averie was most excited about designing under someone who actually liked her. She hoped that her skills would improve with Julia's help—if that was even possible.

And then there was the addition of working with Theo. Though she wasn't sure how much she would see of him during the work days. She had recalled the night they first met, he had told Averie that he was an event planner. But she was a designer, would they even see each other?

It didn't matter though, he was still in the building. She didn't want to be attached to him by the hip either—she was way too independent for that.

One thing Averie never, ever wanted was a relationship with someone who was too needy and possessive over her. She liked her space.

She was an independent woman, only needing herself. If she were to be in a relationship then the other half would have to respect that, and not act as if she was their only life source. Sure she would want them to obsess over her, make her know that she was loved, but there was a difference.

There's a difference between being admired, loved, cherished and being annoyingly close and clingy.

Which is why Averie had to keep an eye out for any signs of this.

So far it was clear with Theo though, that he just wanted to be in a relationship. Maybe it wasn't just because of her, but the idea.

No, she was wrong. Theo seemed to like every aspect of her, that was all she could ask for.

She pushed the running thoughts toward the back of her mind as she took her purse and left the apartment, wanting to be right on time for her first day.

Averie had almost given the taxi driver the wrong address.

Her mind was scattered all over the place, the correct address being only a few blocks away from her former work building. Sure London was big, but it was not big enough to escape the past. Why would it be?

When she first stepped into the building, she realized how different the air seemed around her. Lighter, as if angels had touched the white walls as the sunshine gleamed through the glass painted windows. So different, as opposed to Mature Divinity's darkness touched interior. It smelled fresh, like a soft perfume drifting through the room.

Overall it was just different. Which Averie liked already.

The girl started over to the front desk, where a perky blonde woman was typing away on her keyboard, glasses slipping down her nose.

"Excuse me," Averie said as the woman looked up expectantly. "Do you know where I might find Julia Haart?"

"Oh yes! She's been waiting for you, Averie," the woman exclaimed, immediately hopping out of seat and walking in front of her.

How was it that the woman already knew her name?

"Mrs. Haart has been so thrilled for your arrival. She's been talking about it for days!" she said, motioning for Averie to follow her walking.

Days?

Was she truly that excited to work with her?

The thought was surprising for Averie. No one has ever been so delighted to work with her before.

"Is she really?" she asked as they entered a hallway leading to multiple doors.

"Oh yes. She sees so much potential in you. I have a feeling it's because you remind her of her own daughter—if I had to guess" the blonde woman informed before halting abruptly, almost causing Averie to crash into her smaller body with a gasp.