- one -

"𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎... 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚒 𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢"

Headlights flashing, the sound of the wheels against the pavement and a deafening crash. Eunji gasped, straightening up, tears running down her face and her hands grasping the covers tightly. She kept breathing heavily for a while and ruffled her hair, stuffing her mouth with her pills afterwards. Realising she won't be getting any more sleep tonight, she put on her shoes and threw on a hoodie, quickly leaving the house to take a walk.

Listening to Jake's songs, she strolled around till dawn. She sighed as she remembered she had school in an hour yet hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. Sulking, she went back to her house to freshen up and cover her dark circles.

Eunji was invisible at school; no one paid attention to her, nor did she pay attention to others. That day was no different; she just went to her classes, not a single word exchanged with others. As usual, right after the bell rang, she quickly packed her stuff and rushed to her part-time job. She worked at a cafe but unsurprisingly, she just prepared drinks and washed the dishes. She couldn't take orders without feeling suffocated.

"Eunji, arent you supposed to leave early today?" her manager questioned, which took Eunji by surprise. She raised a brow in confusion and slowly shook her head. Her manager sighed and placed a hand on her arm, a sigh of consolation, "Did you check the date today?" Eunji slowly picked up her phone, and her eyes widened in realisation. She quickly threw away her apron and dashed outside.

She ran around the streets frantically till her eyes landed on a stall, a stall full of flowers. Eunji made her way to the flower stall and greeted the lady by slightly nodding her head. "How can I help you, young lady?" the woman asked. Eunji quickly pointed at the daisies with no hesitation. The woman prepared a beautiful bouquet of daisies for her. "For your boyfriend?" Not answering, Eunji just paid for the flowers and left.

Eunji tried to catch her breath as she ran to her destination, the cemetery. Stabilising her breathing, she slowly approached one of the big tombstones. She powerlessly fell down on her knees, placing the bouquet of daisies on the grave. Unknown tears escaped her eyes as she tried to wipe them. "Mom, Dad." she greeted her parents, more tears running into her eyes. "Hope you're doing fine up there. Every day I wish you were still here with me. It's so hard being all alone. I love you." She once again wiped her tears and left to go back home in hopes of finally getting some sleep.

She opened her eyes only to find herself on the sidewalk. She knew what was going to happen; every night, she had the same nightmare, the day of the accident. She knew she couldn't resist it, so she decided to just go with the flow. One thing was different, though; there was someone hidden in the shadows, watching her every move carefully.

Eunji took a step forward, getting closer to where the accident was going to happen. She took a deep breath and got herself ready as she heard the screeching sound coming from the tires. Soon after, the headlights entered her vision as well. Sounds from the car only getting closer and closer. That was till someone covered her eyes with their hands and harshly pulled Eunji back.

Eunji stayed in the person's arms due to shock. She later pushed the person away, her eyes not meeting theirs. Her curiosity beat her, and she looked up, meeting his eyes, their first time staring at each other's eyes. The boy cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head in embarrassment but once again gained the courage to pull Eunji to somewhere. They arrived at a very secluded area of the park where an old tree stood. Eunji was very taken aback as she thought not many people other than her knew about this place, her comfort place. Jake just stared at her as she had an unreadable expression. Eunji finally decided to speak up, "How do you-"

She woke up in her bed, this time not in the middle of the night but the appropriate time to get ready for school.

'That dream was too realistic' They both thought as they went to get ready for the day. 

_________________________

first chapter! hope y'all liked it. don't forget to vote and comment. love you