hesitation

Luca's hands desperately clung to Alberto, his fingers mixing in with the locks of hair on the back of Alberto's head. Alberto's hand lay next to Luca's head, his body hovering over the smaller boy. He felt Luca's chest touch his own as the boy below him arched his back, and in one swift motion pulled Alberto further down. In a moment of shock they broke contact, and small noises of gasps for air were shared. Hot breath hit each other's faces, and their eyes met. All it took was one gaze before Luca grabbed ahold of the collar of Alberto's shirt, pulling him right back in. Holding himself up with one arm, Alberto used his other to make contact with Luca's waist for the first time. He felt Luca jump, but softened as his hand remained rested on his waist. Alberto was careful, certain to only run his thumb along his side. Luca pulled back, taking in a large inhale, his mouth wide open. Alberto stared at him, stunned, he was beautiful. His hand remained on Luca's waist as he moved to the crook of Luca's neck, placing a small kiss up by his ear. He felt Luca adjust himself, along with a small tug on the back of his head where Luca's hand remained. Alberto glanced up, and was shocked to find Luca staring right back at him, his mouth agape. Only now did Alberto feel just how fast Luca's heart was beating, and he backed up.
"Sorry, too much."
"No, no, I like it."
Alberto swallowed, hard, and found himself back at Luca's neck, where he placed gentle kisses up and down. He felt small vibrations against his lips as Luca small content hums. Without warning, Alberto stopped, and backed off. Luca instantly sat up, his face still beaming red.
"What? Why did you stop, what's wrong?"
Alberto rubbed the back of his neck.
"Luca. We can't keep doing this."
Luca scooted closer to Alberto, attempting to close distance between them again.
"Why? I...like it."
Alberto sighed.
"I like it too. But you... don't seem like you do. What are we?"
Luca smiled a confused smile, tilting his head, and growing extremely close to Alberto.
"Friends, Alberto. You know that."
Alberto griminced.
"Then what is this?"
Luca paused, staring off at seemingly nothing. He didn't say a word.
"Right. No, I get it. Play the quiet game, Luca."
"I don't know what to say."
Alberto ran his hands through his hair, taking in a deep inhale.
"That's the problem. You can't do this and then...say nothing. Luca, you know I like boys."
Luca glanced back upwards, meeting Alberto's.
"Which is why I'm doing this."
"FRIENDS don't do this. I don't want this if it's us as friends."
Luca's shoulders rose as he took a breath.
"And if we weren't friends?"
"Then I'd want this."
Alberto watched as Luca placed his head in his hands, covering his eyes with his palms.
"I don't know Alberto, I don't know."
Alberto wasn't able to detect the trembling in Luca's voice, and he grew irritated.
"Luca this isn't hard, you keep...kissing me. Touching me. Friends don't do THIS. You cannot do this and expect me to not have feelings for you."
Luca's head shot up, blue scales running down his face, his hair becoming a mess.
"I said I DON'T KNOW, Alberto."
Alberto sat, stunned, and on an impulse, grabbed ahold of Luca's wrists and pulled him in. He felt tears fall down onto his shoulder as he held Luca.
"That's okay. I'm sorry."
Luca's chest rose and fell with every shaky breath, and he clung onto Alberto, his hands holding fistfuls of Alberto's shirt. Alberto waited for Luca's breaths to return to normal.
"What can I do to help you?"
Luca backed up, locking eyes with Alberto.
"This. Keep doing this, please."
Alberto's gaze softened, he was instantly weakened by Luca's glance.
"Define this."
"What we already do. It's...helping. I think."
Alberto ran a thumb along Luca's cheek, his human skin returning.
"Okay."
He closed the contact between them again, placing a gentle kiss on Luca's lips. He remained there for a moment, before leaning back.
"Alberto."
"Yes?"
Luca stared at him, a truth dawning upon him, something he refused to believe.
"I like boys."