Chapter 20: The Arranged Marriage

"Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever. It's only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your relationship to make it last.." — Unknown

( Partially Edited )

....

Stavros POV

I left her place as soon as possible before she witnessed me at my worst. And I ended up in a bar.

I lost count of the glass I had taken, perhaps a bottle of Jack Daniels or more.

Girls are swarming around me like bees, and I should have been delighted, but that was before I met Ali.

Anger and disappointment clawed at my

I thought, why would I celibate?

I should enjoy life. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Move on just as she is.

Was she?

There, that's what it is. I should move on and enjoy what's in front of me.

"Wanna go to my place?" a sexy dirty blonde whispered, batting her eyelashes as she brushed her breast in my back.

Tossing back the last content of my drinks, I dropped the glass with a thud on the counter and signalled the bartender of the Long Beach bar that I was leaving.

"Let's go," I said as I stood up, and the ground seemed to shake as I stilled to find purchase, and the woman giggled coquettishly.

When the ground seemed to even out, I grinned at the woman standing next to me, holding me still.

She offered to drive, and since I was deep in my cups, I let her and left my car in the parking lot. The staff here at Long Beach was familiar with my vehicle.

Her place was close to the bar.

As soon as we entered her apartment, she pulled my hand to her bedroom, and I swayed and almost tripped.

I pulled her closer and squeezed her thigh, my hands skimming her body, and I leaned down to capture her lips while I stared at her eyes, that now were a deep shade of green.

I frowned. The urgency of our movement slowed down as I stared at Ali's beautiful serene face. She's here, in my arms. I blinked to clear the fog that was settling in my vision.

I missed her face, all of her.

"Ali," I mumbled, dropping my gaze to her luscious red lips.

She suddenly dropped her hands to her sides as she stepped back, as she had just gotten burned, and stared at me, scowling.

"My name is Violet," she hissed, and I shook my head. Then I swayed as the grounds, and my surroundings shook.

"Sorry," I slurred and fumbled over the phone as I struggled to pull it out of my pocket.

I felt her hands caress my arm, and I smiled, pulling her arms away.

"Sorry, I can't do this," I apologized and dialled my driver.

I asked the address of the pouting Vina, and she glared, but she dictated her address. She doesn't look pleased, and neither am I.

Ali had killed my interest in the opposite sex. She took my heart and now my sexual appetite.

I hurriedly dragged my disoriented self out of the building as fast as a drunkard could do, stumbling a few times, almost falling face first. It seemed the ground underneath my feet danced, and finally, I found my driver/security waiting for me.