"You're suggesting she was overthrown?"

"Perhaps?" I pondered. "I don't know what Aether's endgame actually is, but I do think it has something to do with dethroning this unknown god. I also know he leads the Abyss Order, as crazy as that sounds, and that portal that brought you here looked like their handiwork. Like I said earlier, I think this is a coordinated attack to get both Mondstadt and Liyue's best defenders out of the way. Although...some parts of that theory don't add up. I mean, surely there are better ways of neutralising someone before you resort to sending them to another world. Not that I'm complaining! I love having you here with me!"

Xiao chuckled dryly. "Your company isn't terrible either."

I smiled and bit my lip to keep myself from giggling. "Thank you, babe~"

Even though I've been using this nickname for him often, he still seems caught off-guard and flustered every time I used it. It was absolutely adorable, to say the least.

"Hey, grab my phone from there." I asked, using one hand to open up my glove compartment. Distractedly, I rummaged around in search of my earphones. If I couldn't play music out loud, then maybe Xiao and I could share the earphones instead. "You know how to put on music, right?"

"Yes." Xiao said. "But...they're all sleeping. Is it not inconsiderate to play it out loud then?"

"Who said we were playing it out loud?" I winked, holding up my earphones. Xiao looked amused by my antics for a moment, before taking them from my hands and connecting them to the phone. "You can choose the song."

Xiao paused for a moment. "I...do not know any of the songs here."

"Oh." I chuckled. "'kay, give it here. I'll choose one."

Xiao handed me the phone and I quickly scrolled down to my roadtrip playlist. Yes, Venti and I had spent hours finding the perfect songs for this before we left. It had songs like 'talk too much' by COIN, and 'run the world' by Dayglow, so the vibe was overall kinda soft and nostalgic but at the same time fun and upbeat. Sorta like a roadtrip in the early 2000s to the beach. Only, we were in 2021 and going to a forest resort.

I offered one of the earphones to Xiao, who took it quickly. We then lapsed into comfortable silence, as the music played over our headphones. It would be a long drive before we reached there. I wasn't complaining though. There's something theraputic about long drives.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Are we there yet?!" Hu Tao exclaimed from the backseat. It had been at least four hours, since we'd set out, and to say that Hu Tao was getting antsy would be an understatement.

"Patience, my dear madam." Kaeya teased, glancing back at her from the middle row. Everyone had woken up now, and were lively. Well, almost. As always, Albedo and Xiao were calm and collected. In fact, Xiao almost seemed disappointed when the others woke up and started talking.

"That did not answer my question." Hu Tao shot back, pouting.

"Like, half an hour more, I think." I answered, chuckling. "We're not that far."

"Thank the archons!" Hu Tao leaned against Lumine dramatically. "If I have to sit still for another hour, I'm gonna need a coffin for myself!"

"Why do you say it like it's a bad thing?" Rosaria muttered, doing her best to ignore us. "The peace would be welcomed."

"Hey!"

Lumine burst out in giggles and Hu Tao settled down, smiling subtly at Lumine's laughter.