xviii. danger at any corner.

( season 5, episode 2

STRANGERS.)

RICK BURSTED THE DOOR OPEN and a portion of them raised their guns, entering the place alert for any threats. aristoteles loomed over the door, observing, there seemed to be a back room as an office, a bathroom and nothing else as far as he could tell. the church was tall, of a once white color that was now as stained and scratched as years of no maintenance could leave it and had several and long pews inside.

as the blonde looked back boringly, he connected eyes with a carl who he could tell itched to investigate with the rest of the group. aris stretched his arms, as a ask for permission to take the baby carl held on his arms but he only recieved shake of his head in form of deny.

"it's not necesary," he said and aris patted his friend's shoulder with small smile.

"don't worry."

seconds after, he heard "i spent months here without stepping out the front door... if you found someone inside, well... it would have been surprising." gabriel explained after rick and everyone else got back oustside and he got on path to re enter his church.

"you can never be too sure," aris muttered. "but thank you."

"thanks for this, really." carl smiled looking at judith with adoration, to look back at aris who was behind him. "we found a short bus out back." abraham interrupted, catching their attention.

"it don't run, but i bet we could fix that in less than a day or two. father here says he doesn't want it." rick heard him as he mindlessly carressed judith's hair. "looks like we found ourselves some transport." the ginger said. aristoteles thought he was trying too hard to get rick (a man who would always put the safety of his family - of his group - first) to drop everything and go with him. "you understand what's at stake here, right?" he insisted, only to received by a "yes, i do." from rick.

aristoteles wasn't dumb and, if what these people were saying was true, they could most likely fix the world after all of the horrible events that had happened.
at the same time, he couldn't help but wonder if such a risk was worth it, especially when they had a baby to take care (and even carl and aris, who were still freshly entering diving teenage-hood) and it seemed like abraham, rosita and eugene - despite being a small group - could manage it.

"now that we can take a breath-" michonne stepped in, defending the line abraham was crossing.

"we take a breath, we slow down: shit inevitably goes down." the ginger man back fired.

"we need supplies no matter what we do next." she spat confidently.

"that's right." the leader started walking toward the small stairs of the church. "water, food, ammunition." he listed and they stayed in silence knowing he was right. everyone started entering the place after that, carl leaving behind aris.