Tale of Twin Vampires Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Jessie's POV:

If you walked into this room right now, with my family and I, you would feel the tension hit you, and you would of felt worried, that something was going on.Everyone was as stiff as I rock as no one moved, no one talked.

I looked at everyone as they looked worried. They all were looking at Grandpa. Grandpa was in full shock. He didn't move, as he sat silently, rubbing his hands together trying to think.

I had no idea what they were scared for.

"Who are the Volturi?" Megan finally choked out.

Everyone's eyes shot to her.

"Volturi? I don't know where you got that. Alice said Vultures, the football team. In two months, they're going to play the Rams and destroy them as in win." dad explained.

"Then why did Edward growl?" I shot out as soon as he finished his sentence.

"Because Edward and I bet on that game." Jasper smiled.

I looked at them confused but I slowly nodded.

I knew they weren't telling the truth but I didn't feel like talking back. They all acted funny which scared me.

"Shall we get started with the party?" Alice asked ending the awkward conversation.

Everyone loosened their stiffness.

Mom nodded, as she looked out the window trying not to make contact with anyone.

"Great!" Alice smiled as she grabbed Megan and I. "We'll be back." Alice had to pull us to her yellow Porsche as she shoved us in the back seat. She got into the drivers seat as she sped down the long wavy driveway.

"Alice please don't make us go." Megan begged her.

Alice laughed. "Oh course you have to go unless you want everything to be pink.

We groaned.

There was two things Megan and I despised about Alice.

One, she would drag us into her car and make us go shopping for clothes which we hated doing. She would drag us to every store and if we glanced at any clothing she would grab it and the same thing in four different colors.

The second thing was she loved the color pink. She wanted everything in pink, no other color. No green, no blue, no purple. Pink. She has a variety in clothing colors but everything else she wants in pink.

But you got to love her.

She'll be there for you, back you us in anything. She will sink into your world and will listen to your problems and do her best to help you. She's more like a second mom to me than an aunt.

We drove into town at at least one hundred miles per hour. We got to the town store in less than two minutes as Alice had to drag us out of the car and into the store

*

We finished as Alice spent one hundred and fifty dollars on everything. I told her that was way to much to spend on party decorations and she just rolled her eyes.

Megan and I ran to the car as we were excited to leave.

"You girls are not my nieces." she sighed.

That was Alice's little catch phrase for us every time she dragged us to go shopping with her. After every store she would say that since we wasn't so 'thrilled' about shopping like she was.

Megan and I laughed as she unlocked the car and we hopped in.

We got home in four minutes. I walked to the door as dad ran out and grabbed the bags out of Megan's and my hands.

Something was going on and I knew it. I sensed it. Everyone was acting different and it made me worry about them.

"Umm...thanks." I mumbled.

He carried them in as we followed him. He set them down on the kitchen table as he wrapped Megan and I into a tight bear hug.

"What did you do?" Megan sighed as he set us down.

"Nothing. Cant a father miss his only daughters?" he laughed.

"Ok...?" I said as it sounded more like a question.

Alice walked into the kitchen. "Shoo, shoo you girls know the rules."

Ever since Megan and I were little we would never been able to decorate for our party or even watch them decorate. Alice wanted it to be a surprise.

We rolled our eyes as we went to our bedroom.

"What do you think is going on with everyone?" Megan asked. "They all are acting weird."

"I know. It's scaring me a little." I laughed but tried to sound serious.

Do you think it was to do with Alice's vision?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I don't think dad would lie about it though."

She nodded.

She lied down on her bed as I lied on mine. She popped in her favorite Taylor Swift CD into the radio that was on a side table that separated us as I grabbed my book from off the same side table.

I tried to read but I couldn't get my mind off of Alice's vision? What did it mean? I knew I heard her right, but they weren't telling us what was going on.

Worried. I was scared, as my body probably showed it as I moved around in my bed. I couldn't find a comfortable position to lie in.

I was scared. Dad wouldn't lie to us unless he had to so it wouldn't hurt us.

I don't blame him or despise him for doing this. I know he was doing it to protect us which a good father would do and I think he is an amazing father.

Megan let out a loud gasp as she sat up in her bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked. She scared me as I was in deep thought.

"Jessie, they lied to us, there is no football team in the US with the mascot a vulture. We heard Alice right, the Volturi are coming to destroy 'them' which is you and me."

I tried to absorb everything she just said, but I wouldn't let myself.

I looked at my sister as I knew she was absolutely right.

Anger filled my body as I knew what she said was right. They could of told us but they decided not to.

My anger was soon cooled with sacredness. The Volturi were coming to destroy us, my sister and I.