"Rather not."

"Too bad. You are coming with me."

...

Shades of ample trees paint over the ceiling of Jungkook's car, the wind sweeps under their shirts, a 2016 hit song from Yoongi bounces through the radio — it's freeing. Yoongi surely doesn't regret it. Jungkook and him look like the same person, in a funny and absurd way. Both have subjects their minds are avoiding, both have no intentions to prioritize them until they can't, then both have the present moment and both have each other.

Of course, they choose to grin and jam along.

It's easier that way and also, more promising of alright. 

Nothing is perfect, right?

The villa of destination is an hour drive away from the city. It's located along the sandy beach of Daechon, a holiday spot for families, the elderly, and anybody else who is looking for some quiet summer experience. Located at the side of the main road, Mrs. Yeori's vacation house is rather a refreshing stop, part of the civilization but detached from its hustle. 

Jungkook throws an arm around Yoongi when they stand on the porch. 

"I am allowed to flex my producer friend," he says shamelessly, earning himself an elbow on the stomach. Nothing he can't deal with.

Attending the door is not Mrs. Yeori but Jimin, a drink on his hand and the cutest ever summer outfit: pink cotton Chino shorts paired with a simple white tee with watermelons on them. It sticks to his body at the chest and arms, revealing a delicious outline of muscle, and a hot flex of huge neon sunglasses tucked over his wet-looking hair.

"You actually—" Jimin starts at Jungkook, then his eyes land on Yoongi and he freezes, "Hell no,"  his eyebrows arch, eyes drooping low and swiping back up smoothly. "I mean, hello," he says in a deep voice, pleasantly surprised.

Yoongi chuckles.

"Hi."

Jimin falls speechless, head tilting to the side with a breath of laugh escaping his lungs. He shifts to the side as if saying you rule, king, trying to communicate his surprise to Jungkook as Yoongi and him enter the house. 

"DJ? Suga?" he mouths, pulling Jungkook back by the arm and entering it as the three of them walk to a big kitchen ahead. 

Jungkook smiles big and nods, and it gets Jimin's jaw to drop even further, though he doesn't voice anything. 

"Consider him as my compensation for being late," Jungkook says, shy about being playful. Jimin gives him a dubious look but he looks really happy at that moment so he spares him the teasing, choosing to roll his eyes and down the rest of his drink. It makes Jungkook wanna giggle, so much actually that he doesn't manage to keep it in.

This day already got a thousand times better.

Colorful cups litter the counter and some plates have already started building their own dish mountains, from which Jungkook guesses everyone has already started snacking. He spots half-full trays of food on top of the oven, and unused cutlery spared on the side, along with various assortment of desserts. To the side of the kitchen extend round stairs to another floor upstairs, supported by a glass railing. Up front, the huge glass doors with wooden frames open to the garden, sheered by light white curtains dancing in the air. 

This is a cozy damn house. 

Even the indoors feel like summer. 

Voices are heard from somewhere near the hallway where they first entered, probably from one of the private rooms, and the closer they get the more recognizable their owners become.