Oh man...

Jungkook remembers Yoongi trying to console Hoseok the last time he visited them but he had no idea about the backstory.

"He wanted to help. His ass is broke though, not sure if you noticed," Yoongi chuckles so fondly that Jungkook feels a nauseous ache spread through his stomach. "I tried to contribute but the idiot didn't accept my money."

"Because he felt bad?" Jungkook asks quietly.

"Bad," Yoongi nods, tucks his bottom lip atop his upper for a few seconds, thinking. "Maybe. Why don't you sit?"

Jungkook shrugs with a sullen look.

"You don't have to worry about me," Yoongi smiles slowly. He looks small in a way Jungkook would tease as cute before. This time he just looks small like he wants to shrink on himself, and before Jungkook can control himself his vision is blurred with soft tears. 

He hears Yoongi call his name and he grows embarrassed so fast that it quickly turns into a Yoongi-babying-him episode. Yoongi's hands are on his shoulders and the man is trying to make Jungkook look at himself.

"Why are you crying, aimma?" Yoongi chuckles and it's so soft that it gets Jungkook to laugh a little, though he feels overwhelmed still.

"How could he leave, hyung? It's not fair. You were trying to help," he complains, wiping his eyes with his pinkies.

"I pushed us into an argument."

"So? People fight all the time, you are supposed to make up. He can't just leave!" he stutters out of frustration.

"Jungkook-ah," Yoongi grows amused every second a little more, backing up when he realizes Jungkook is not crying anymore. "I won't die of not seeing him another week."

Jungkook blinks his tears, suddenly. Wait a minute.

"So he's... he's coming back?"

"Yeah!" Yoongi shirs his lips like it was a given. "He went to ask his relatives for money. He will be back next... Friday? Yeah."

Jungkook feels like an idiot now.

Yoongi is short of laughing. "You ditched Daechon for this."

"I... well."

"Get back on the road. You might catch up to the second half."

"Ugh," Jungkook lets out a big sigh, diving his hands into his hair. Jimin is gonna be upset with him now — and over a misunderstanding. He spent the rest of the week checking on Jungkook and confirming his attendance over and over. Jungkook made up with Jin (obvi) so attending wasn't even a question, especially with this mystery candidate at the barbecue. Now he is going to look like a dickhead.

"Stop overthinking it. Just go," Yoongi urges.

"Will you be fine?"

"Why would I not be fine?" Yoongi chuckles and his cheeks turn pink, spill the tea on his little lie. 

"Because."

"Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook gives him a look. He doesn't trust those eye bags and the lame way Yoongi is downplaying this entire situation. They had an argument and Hoseok left. Yoongi is probably blaming himself for the entire thing because he is a softie at heart like that. Jungkook can imagine how hard it must have been for him to deal with being away for an entire week, and another to go...

Then boom. Rains an idea.

"You know what," he beams, scaring Yoongi just a little bit with his spark of enthusiasm.