Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Sam's P.O.V.

After visiting Isaiah, I've decided to go home. I can't stop thinking about what happened to him and the fact that nobody knew about it. Well, Bucky did.

Bucky.

I haven't heard from him since he left to see Zemo. I hope he's okay.

In the past few days, he and I got close even though we never wanted that. Maybe we did, deep down in our hearts, but I'm starting to feel some emotions I've never expected to feel towards him. And I don't know what to think about it.

Does he like me? Would he ever want to be with me? What if he only sees me as a co-worker?

I'm putting those questions aside when Sarah and I went indoors.

"Why didn't you say something?" I ask her since she decided not to sell our family boat.

"Because I didn't wanna tell you last night when you were looking all sad puppy dog in the rain."

I indeed wanted to cry last night.

"It was a rough day."

"You mean with Isaiah Bradley?" she looks at me with concern.

"And what they did to him," I reply.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No. I'm trying to figure out what it all means."

"Okay, well, I'm here," Sarah says and I smile.

...

"How many people still owe mom and dad something?" I will call them and ask if they can help us fix the boat.

"All of them. All that's left, for sure." Sarah says back.

"It might be time to call in a few of those favors." I stand up to find the phone and start inviting people. "I'm gonna fix this damn boat."

The next day I wake up early since many of our friends showed up to help us.

"Tommy, Carlos, man, this is amazing!" I say while looking at new boat parts that I needed. "Thanks so much, man! How do we get it off the truck?"

Moments after I ask, the parts got lifted by someone I could recognize everywhere anytime.

Bucky places down the pile on the ground and turns around to see me.

"You're welcome." He says and reaches for a metal case. "Just dropping this off. You can sign for it and I'll go." he places the case on the table and looks at me again.

I can't stop thinking about what's inside the case. Is it what I think it is?

"I called in a favor from the Wakandans." I turn around to face him when something started hissing. Valve starts spraying around water.

"Sam!" Sarah shouts my name expecting me to fix it. I run towards it and Bucky follows me.

I try to turn the valve but the water isn't stopping.

"Hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." He turns the valve up and the water slowly starts to stop spraying.

Oh, God. I'm so close to him.

"Why didn't you use the metal arm?" I ask so this doesn't become uncomfortable for both of us. I look up at his face.

"Well, I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right-handed."

I giggle and look away.

"So, this is the boat, huh?" he asks while looking at the boat.

"This is it," I answer and lean on it.