Chapter 0

Chapter 0

2005/05/27
“Mikey!” I yelled, making the blonde jump in his seat and snap his head towards where I was standing, pissed at the fact that he ate my last piece of cake without asking me. He yawns, wiping some of the crumbs and frosting off of his face and stares at me with his huge ebony eyes “What do you want now? I was sleeping you know,” he grumbled the last part putting his head in his arms again, still keeping eye contact with me. I grabbed his leg and dragged him off the couch into the kitchen, him squirming behind me and complaining about the carpet burn I just gave him but I ignored him until we were both at the refrigerator and I dropped his leg so he could get up.

 “Where's my cake Mikey?” I asked calmly even though I knew it wasnt gonna get me anywhere since I just dragged him by his feet and hurt him along the way. He slowly got up and ran out of the kitchen, making his way to the front door turning towards me looking me dead in the eyes.“I ate it.” and with that he left slamming the front door behind him. I walk to the kitchen phone and dial Draken’s number knowing exactly where Mikey was going. 

The phone rang a few times before he picked up “Hello?” he answered “Hi Draken, this is Y/n if you see mikey tell him he’s dead the next time he sees me,” I said “Y/n? What are you doing at Mikey’s house? Why is he not there with you? What did he do this time?” He was just rattling off questions and I couldn’t keep up so I cut him off. “Just please tell him that okay? Goodbye Draken,” I said. He mumbled a reply and I hung up plopping down onto the chair at the kitchen table. 

//TIMESKIP//

As I left Mikey’s house I saw the tall blonde walking towards me. His hair was illuminated by the sun making it look golden and ethereal, almost like an angel. Draken and I have been friends since I was taken in by the brothel at the age of 7 after my mother abandoned me beside a crack building while I was sleeping. At first, he didn't like the idea of being friends with me but as time went on, we grew closer and became almost inseparable. 

//FLASHBACK//

As the woman led the young female into the building, she was greeted by warmth and dim lights, shaking the bitter coldness of the wintery crisp air outside and sneezing from the sudden change of temperature. The woman whose name was Airashi, had long ebony hair that cascaded down her shoulders and back contrasting against her pale skin that was decorated with blotches of redness from the cold. She was considered very pretty where she worked with her curvy figure and busty chest; it was no surprise, since she worked as a mistress in a brothel. 

 Her eyes were the color of warm melted chocolate that could heat up a person's whole body with a glance and they were downturned, doe like, almost childish looking. Airashi was still holding the child's hand as she gently pulled her along with her into a bedroom and the child assumed it was the woman's bedroom as she was picked up by her and sat onto the bed. 

"What's your name child?" She said gently and bending down towards the child, lending her ear, as if to not scare off the small child "Y-y/n," the child said still feeling the bitterness of winter nipping at her fingers even though she was inside a warm environment free of the harsh weather outside. "Well do you have a mommy? And do you know where she's at?" Airashi questioned and the girl just nodded. Airashi wanted to call the police but she couldn't.

 What she did for a living was illegal and she was a runaway so she couldn't risk going to the police. Airashi started taking off the little girl's cardigan that was stuck to her with dirt, blood and frozen water and tossed it into her trash, leaving the room. 

She came back with a white t-shirt and soap motioning for the little girl to come with her into the bathroom where there was hot running water in a bathtub full of fragrance smelling bubbles and she sat at the edge taking off the girl's shirt and pants before putting her into the bath. 

When they finished, Airashi clothed her and picked her up passing through the living room area while also putting her hand over her eyes but the girl could still hear everything. "Airashi, when did you get knocked up? You know you were my favorite girl," one of the men that frequented the place said smirking and Airashi scoffed but not saying anything and walked towards where the kitchen area was. She sat Y/n down onto the big island and turned towards the refrigerator. 

Without looking at her she asked, "Do you want anything to eat? We have chicken nuggets, " and the child's face lit up at the mention of food shaking her head up and down vigorously as the woman pulled a bag of frozen chicken nuggets out of the fridge and set them on the counter. They didn't really need to talk to each other for Airashi to understand what exactly happened to the child because she went through the same thing; she was abandoned.

Airashi had always liked children and even dreamed of having her own some day but she knew she couldn't bring a child into the world, into this life right now. She had always been a child magnet though and she didn't understand why. When her friend gave Draken to her before she died she felt as if she was bringing her own child home, she was elated but she also knew the risks of bringing him there, in short she was being selfish. 

As Airashi opened the bag of frozen processed meat chunks popping them into the oven, a skinny blonde kid pops up in the doorway rubbing his eyes watching her put the nuggets in the oven. “Good morning Drak-” before she could finish her sentence he cut her off. “Who is that,” the eight year old said pointing towards Y/n who didn't notice that Draken was there until they heard his voice.

She waved at him smiling but he turned away furrowing his eyebrows. “This is Y/n, Draken. She is going to be staying with us from now on,” Airashi turned towards the little girl smiling at her as if she was her mother already and this confused the little girl “I’m going with you? What about momma,” she pouted and Airashi picked her up to comfort her as she chose her next set of words carefully. “She's gonna come back but until then you're staying with me okay?”

 She was lying as she knew that this little girl's mother was never gonna come back, but she didn't have the guts to tell her. The tall woman put her back down and turned to Draken who was just standing there watching them “From this day forward  you are to protect this girl do you understand?” she said in a soft tone and he nodded, having utmost respect for Airashi, the woman who raised him.

He knew what was going on despite being only 8 years old because he didn't have the luxury to be ignorant. He looked at the girl who was gnawing on chicken nuggets smiling at him as they made eye contact and he made a promise to himself to protect her with his life even if it killed him.

CAN Y'ALL NOT RUSH ME TO UPDATE I WAS STILL WRITING THE BOOK 😭

VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED 💝💖💗❤