Chapter 91 - A Masked Prince

Start from the beginning

"I know that very well but I am not going to beg you to trust me. I don't have time and besides, I am a wizard in your eyes so anything I would have to say to you, you will find it suspicious anyway." Seraphina said.

"How can I trust you that you will not run away?" He asked.

"I can bet my life on it, Prince Billard," Celia said from beside Seraphina taking a step ahead and it was praiseworthy that a human could dare to speak to him even when his glares were murderous. "If she runs away, you can kill me and tell my nation that I had betrayed all of them."

It was amusing as the maid was that much confident in a wizard even though she was a completely different race.

"Then you will take full responsibility. However, if I lose my mind, I will abolish the whole human nation." Billard said his voice coated with venom which made Celia shudder but she held her ground.

"Yes. I take full responsibility." She didn't falter back, instead she was confident in Seraphina. The trust, the bond, was visible in her eyes and it somehow itched Billard. Because it was amusing to watch how a human could bet everything for a wizard. The human race didn't like the wizards yet the irony happened right before their eyes.

He threw the sword made by the dwarfs at Seraphina's feet and said, "I will let you go only if you counter my attack."

"If you can't counter it, I will kill you right this instant." He said and took out his sword as he pointed it out at her. If anyone had seen the death glares Billard was giving her, they would have run away through the windows but Seraphina wasn't the one to run away from that.

She nodded. If this was what she had to do to save Demian then so be it. She took the sword from the ground as Master Valentine intervened. "But Prince Billard, you are one of the finest swordsman in this whole nation. Please consider that the girl doesn't have enough experience." The worry in his voice confirmed that Billard had experience on combat and fighting which worried Seraphina a little.

Billard scoffed again, "If she can't even save herself from my attacks, how can she save my brother from the hands of those devious wizards."

And it made her blood boil in the pit of her stomach. She clenched her teeth and her eyes fired up as she tried to control the rising anger.

"But try to understand, she is still young and the dark wizards need her. She could be useful if we were to save the young Prince." Master Valentine said. He was trying to forfeit the battle as Prince Billard was a pupil of the great sword master, Senozo Mihama. His master was the number one swordsman of the whole world and he was very picky on his students. He never took a pupil who had no potential or had average quality. Fighting with Billard was like a suicide for her yet she had no choice to make her way through him.

"It would be better for her, Master Valentine, if she dies in my hands, she wouldn't have to go through the tortures the wizards would present her." Billard said.

"But Your High-"

"Master Valentine, I have too much debt of you being a great help all these years but despite that, I may have some questions for you." Billard looked at him as Master Valentine's face paled. "I am finding it amusing that a mere wizard can draw everyone around me into herself just in a short span of time."

He looked at Alonzo, "Too many trusted people that I have been relying on yet no one would go against her." He gave a vicious smile, "Interesting, indeed."

Both Alonzo and Master Valentine hung their heads low and Billard said to Seraphina, "Hold your sword, Flame Queen. I want to see what you are made of."