Chapter 1 - Beginning After an End

World War 3 had started. Bombers loomed in the sky and fighter aircraft began to fight each other, and every second of it, a fighter gets shot down. An F16 from the USAF burned down from the sky and fell like a meteor, landing just in front of a squad captain named Johann Kenpel.

"JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" His subordinate jumped and screamed in shock.

"Keep it the fuck down, Mike!" He warned him with a glare.

Mike nodded nervously. "Yes, sir." He said to Johann.

The F16 leaked and they had to make it out. At least that was the plan.

"SQUAD 1! THIS IS FROM THE AC-130 FROM ABOVE!" The operator screamed over the radio. "YOU'RE ALL SURROUNDED BY CHINESE AND RUSSIANS TOTALLING AT LEAST A THOUSAND! WILL BE COVERING FIRE AND STAND BY!"

The team sweat profusely, even Johann, a veteran of the team. With a hand signal from Johann, the squad had dispersed all over the ruined buildings. Inside these buildings were wounded children.

Mike, the 2nd in command, spotted the enemy approaching the death zone, and with a flare. The AC-130 unleashed its weapons. An explosion from the AC-130's 105mm cannon shook the terrain, houses were turned to dust, and children were left terrified. The F-16 blew, shocking both sides. Both sides screamed and fired at each other. Mike was wounded on his left arm but it didn't stop him. He mounted his weapon by the window and continued firing.

"JOHANN!!! I NEED MEDICAL ASSISTANCE!!!" He screamed over the radio, his breathing began to dampen.

Looking down, in his vest has a gunshot wound. With a spurt of energy, he grunted and raged. He fired at the Chinese and Russians with his S.A.W. His vision reddenned and coughed blood but the fight had go on. Johann came running to him and saw a massive hole behind Mike's back.

He screamed his name and he looked back to Johann, but his body fell on the ground. His head felt heavy, his legs wouldn't work and blood dripped from his head and onto his eyes. He could see Johann grabbing into his vest, looking into his eyes. Then all was darkness.

Filled with rage, he screamed atop his lungs, but there was no one to hear him. Dread and despair came to him when a visage of a terrified child began to appear in his mind. Then hopelessness came. The most painful part of this travel. An image of Johann, crying into his chest. A future, maybe, but that didn't matter. All that happened in minutes, but to Mike.

It felt like hours and it hit like a truck.

He drifted in darkness of the void, where sound couldn't exist anymore. A safespace for him. Or so he thought.

"ASTOSARRO!" A man screamed in his ear. "ASTOSARRO!"

'Astosarro...?' He thought, confused as to who was man calling to him.

With his weakening will, he opened his eyes. There, a man was standing in front of him with an aquila on his helmet. His armor was unlike any other. It didn't remind him of anything. Russian, American, or Chinese. Nothing made sense The man reached out his hand to him and he took it.

"Astosarro, wake the fuck up! We're gonna be retreating! The commissar has died!" The man exclaimed. "We will be retreating, 309th! Give them hell while we're at it!"

"YESSIR!" The soldiers affirmed and packed their box like weapons and equipment. He too packed his and began to prepare for a retreat.

'I know that I died... I wouldn't be sent in this fucking timeline if I didn't...' He thought while gritting his teeth.

He knew he was in the 40k timeline, where everything and everywhere meant death for him. This will not be the 2nd time he dies was the thing in his mind.

All of the surviving soldiers, totalling a thousand out of the 100,000 thousand, began to step out of the trench. Upon stepping out, carnage began. Soldiers imploded from the bolters the chaos marines were carrying. Khornate berzerkers ran for the imperial guardsmen that seemed weak, picking them off.

Mike looked forward and fired at them and he was followed by the others. Cultists were gunned down and marines that ran into the las gunfire were decimated. Their power armor being caved in by the las bolts that came their way.

"HIT THEIR BODY!!! THE BIGGER THE TARGET, THE MORE YOUR BOLTS WILL HIT!!!" He screamed into the vox while firing to the crowd of chaotic entities.

The soldiers followed the advice and all of them fired as individual soldiers, picking off the vanguard cultists.

The eventually reached the 3rd entrenchment. Overall losses racked up to a million in the span of 3 months of endless battle on the planet.

The artillery fired at the looming army of chaos, dismembering thousands of them in 1 single barrage. Chaos Marines took every opportunity to strike, but they were gunned down as well by these guardsmen who were cowering hours ago.

'I didn't know I could adapt so quickly...' He thought to himself. 'At least we pushed them back... fuck, this is stressful...'

_____________________

End for chap. 1

If you want me to add something, please feel free to comment and I'll do it in the next chapter. And boys, I hope GW doesn't sue me :^|