I never saw this as my life you know .

I always thought I'd marry the love of my life - whom , by then was Melanie - , that I'd have kids with her and we'd live a simple and happy life .

But Melanie cheated , I murdered someone and went to prison. As bad as all of that seems , I met an angel there in prison.

Cass , from the moment I met her, was just a vibrant and unapologetically unique human being .

The way her smile was contagious was absolutely inhuman .

I fell inlove with Cass , and that was just it . I knew that I'd wanted to spend the rest of my life with this woman.

We got married and she is expecting a baby.  My life was perfect two months and a week ago , it was exactly what I'd dreamt of .

But as they say , it was only the calm before the storm .

I'd spent a week looking for my wife in every corner of every alley in New York .

And when I found her , she was beaten up.  Starved and even tortured.  How can I forgive myself after that .

And its Jason's fault . Had he allowed me the right to interrogate Kayla,  I would have known from day one of my wife's whereabouts.

But I cant keep blaming Jason . I had a hand in it too . Just because Jason has not approved of me interrogating Kayla , does not mean I was to listen to him.

I should've fought against him and still interrogated Kayla , I should've threatened her with something . I should've not listen to him , I was just a fool .

And I know that he wasnt a part of the scheme , but he should've let me find out.

If it was not her , then I'd have at least consoled my heart by interrogating her.

"Oh,  Cass . I'm so sorry . I cant believe that we're here .

You dont deserve this honey , you deserve so much more and far more better than this . Please fight baby , fight the war .

I'm right beside you , I'm holding your hand every step of the way . Just dont give up , please baby.

Fight.  We'll get through it , I just know it and you know it too. I love you very much Cass , so much." I say .

I lay my head on her chest and I hold her hand .

Why is it not me in this position .

But do I really want Cass to be in mine ? Holding my hand everyday and crying , she would've taken it much worse .

She would not be okay. But I would've faught for her, I'd have made sure that within a week , they have discharged me and I am heading home with her .

But I know she's fighting for her life . I trust that . She would never betrayed like that, the same way I wouldnt her .

I love you Cass .

To infinity and beyond .

God , I know you're listening.  I know you are , please protect my wife .

Protect my child and be there for them both . Give me strength to stand by their side every waking day and love them , even as they're still unconscious.

I believe that you will make a way. I trust that you, you are a God of all God's.  You are a miracle worker .

I know that I should be the last person to request this of you , but please Lord hear me.

Lord , please save her for me. Do this one favour for me. She's my everything . Please.

The hand of hers that I'm holding holds me back .