Part 6 - What You Left Behind

Start from the beginning

Buffy sat on the doorstep of her son Theo's adoptive family home, the place he grew up, as she remained shaken by her first meeting with her son, the hatred he had for her, the fact he was now undead just like his father, and the opportunity he had to take her out and was not unable but unwilling which meant despite all the darkness residing within her son there was still some light in there somewhere.
"There's no sign of him anywhere my guess is he's hiding out while the sun is out who knows maybe he will come back tonight," Willow said to Buffy as she sat down on the doorstep next to her friend.
"I do not think he's coming back, not again, the only reason we found him this time is that he wanted to be found and something tells me he may never want to be found by us again," Buffy replied with a saddened sigh, speaking for the first time since her confrontation with her son.
"I will find him, Buffy!" Willow promised the slayer, making it clear she was not giving up on Buffy's son anytime soon. "I do not know when or where but I promise you I will not stop until I find and help him, the proper way this time with no slayer prisons."
"I hope your right Will, I hope we can get through to him, but what if we can't?" Buffy cried, feeling defeated not only by her son's hatred towards her but the guilt she felt for the tragic life he lived without her being there to protect him.
"I wonder if he came back here for any other reasons, I mean he grew up in this town, right? I know his parents are dead but what about other family members? Or friends he may have grown up with? We should go to the High School, wait till night-time, of course, break-in, and hack into the school system to find out what year he was in, who he was in with, and possibly look for some old files, photos, or perhaps a yearbook to see who his people were." Willow suggested, hoping to give Buffy hope. "At the very least you'll get to learn more about your son before his world got torn apart and maybe there's something in that information which could help us help him in the long run."
Buffy's face lit up for a moment as she wiped the tears off her face, realizing that Willow's idea was a stroke of genius, that maybe just maybe learning more about Theo's life before everything went to hell, that maybe it would help her understand her son more perhaps even get through to him, or who knows to find somebody within this smalltown who could get through to her son.

"I guess a lot has changed since our days in High School judging by the fact you have a vampire shackled to a dead and it seems normal to you," Theo said to Lucien, as the vampire remained chained to Lucien and Ruby's bed within their bedroom, as he began plotting his escape as he noticed the sun starting to set.
"After you left town with Ruby everyone just assumed you went crazy and killed your parents, then this team of specialists took over the case, and before I knew it, I found myself embroiled in the mystery of it all leading to the supernatural being my day-to-day job I guess," Lucien replied to the vampire he once loved. "I joined a private organization specialized in working with, helping, and hunting the supernatural from time to time, by the time the whole world had realized what the hell was going on around us I was already working to help solve the problem...problems."
"One could say you chased after me and settled for the rest of the supernatural...and that is clearly not all you settled for..." Theo teased the first man he ever loved, before going on to ask. "Do you remember the last time we were together?"
"You mean when you asked me to skip town with you? It's not something someone easily forgets." Lucien admitted reluctantly, piquing Theo's curiosity.
"Do you ever wish you came with me?" Theo asked, intrigued to know the answer.
"No!" Lucien answered honestly. "But I do wish I found a way of making you stay..."
"Probably a good thing you did not join the party you probably would have just wound up addicted to the magics like Ruby or a soulless vampire like the rest of the gang," Theo told Lucien, before going on to say. "I know you did not take a vamp hostage without getting in some blood...and I've not eaten in a while...do not worry I won't bite, as long as it's not pig blood you're serving."
And just like that Lucien went downstairs towards the kitchen to get fresh blood in a pouch bag from the local hospital that Ruby and he acquired before abducting Theo, and began pouring the blood into a glass, knowing Ruby said not to feed him until she got back, but foolishly believing he was getting through to his ex, which is of course exactly what Theo wanted him to believe.
Lucien returned to the bedroom, a glass of blood in hand, ready to feed Theo, unwittingly becoming prey to the predator, as he reached out to hand Theo the glass, Theo grabbed a hold of him and pulled him into his grasp with all his force, Lucien unable to break free from the vampire's hold.
"You smell as good as you did back then!" Theo stated as his face turned into full vampire mode and he sunk his teeth into his ex-lover's neck, draining him of his blood but cautious not to take too much, after all, Lucien was his leverage for his latest prison break.