Tohru Comes

For the past week leading up to Kyo and Tohru's arrival, Momiji and Hayomi had hung out every day. She was even in some of his classes at school. They walked together in the halls. They did tutoring together with Momo. They went out to eat. Momiji was Hayomi's only real friend and Momiji wanted Hayomi to be his girl. His sweetheart. Since prince Yuki was gone and Momiji had a massive glow up, He was the center of all the girl's attention at their school. He didn't care though. He wanted one person, Hayomi. He found out how caring and observant she was. He helped him when he was at his worse. That is something that meant the world to him.

When Saturday came, Momiji got dressed into a yellow vest, white button down, and  black slacks. Then he left the house to go meet Hayomi at her place. The plan was to meet her there and pick her up. Then take her to the estate to meet Kyo, Tohru, and the rest of the family. When he finished happily walking down the sidewalk, he saw Hayomi leave the house. All at once Momiji fell head over heels for her. She was stunning. She was wearing a spaghetti strap lacy green dress that stopped at her knees. Her hair was in a ponytail, so you could see her diamond studs in her ears. Momiji's jaw dropped when he saw her.

"Hi Momiji. You ready to go?" Momiji snapped back when she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Yea let's go." They started to walk.

"So tell me about Tohru and Kyo. I want to know what I am getting into." 

"Oh my gosh they are so nice. You are going to love them." Momiji jumped into the air with glee. "Although Kyo can be a scaredy cat or mean, he is nice too Tohru."

"I see." Hayomi often said this when she had more to say but didn't wanna say it. Momiji figured this out but figured she would have more questions. She is going to a gathering with a bunch of former animals. 

After a couple minutes they go to the estate. They walked in and everyone was there. When Momiji stepped in he saw Tohru at an instant. He ran up to her.

"Tohru!"

"Momiji! I missed you so much. Where is that girl you told me about?"

"Oh yes let me bring her here." He then ran back to Hayomi and grabbed her hand. Her hand fit so perfectly intwined with his. He ran back with Hayomi in hand. "Here she is" Pulling her hand up into the air like she just won a wrestling match.

"Hi Hayomi. Momiji has told me so much about you." Tohru smiled the soft smile that she is known for.

"You too. He told me about how you did so much for everyone here." Hayomi said. They continued to talk. Momiji decided to leave them alone to chat. He continued jumping around from person to person. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked over to see it was Kyo.

"Hi Kyo. How is the life with Tohru going?" 

"Look rabbit, we need to talk." Kyo looked at him with his eyes down and no sign of a smile coming soon. 

"Ok Kyo. What do you want." Momiji said suddenly getting serious. A side that didn't show too often. Kyo looked around. Then he pulled Momiji into another room.

"Listen rabbit. I need to make sure you don't try anything on Tohru." Kyo looked at him with full seriousness. 

"Don't worry Kyo. She is happy with you. However, if you break her heart I will do everything in my power to find a guy for her that will truly love her." Momiji looked more stern than he had before. Kyo's eyes widened. That last thing he said threw him.

"Isn't that you?"

"I don't love Tohru like that any more. Her leaving made me realize that I didn't need her any more." Momiji said. Kyo just stared at him for a minute. Then he silently just walked out. Momiji sat down and put his head on his lap. He knew he didn't love Tohru like that. He truly cherished nothing but her happiness. As Momiji was deep in thought he heard the door creak open. He looked up to see Hayomi's Emerald eyes staring at him. He quickly got up and brushed off his pants.

"Hello Hayomi! You ready to get back out there. I can introduce you to more people." The blonde man began to walk to the door, but before he could get their Hayomi laid her hand on his chest. He backed up slowly. Her head was down and he could see those barricades of sadness blocking her from something.

"Hayomi, what's wrong?" Momiji lifted her chin to see her eyes glistening from tears. She looked into his eyes.

"What was that about?"

"Kyo was just talking to me."

"About what?" Hayomi was starting to think that Momiji had gotten over Tohru before that day. Then they got here and Kyo had to talk to him. Obviously he made a move she didn't see. Obviously Kyo was just standing his ground for his Fiancé. She didn't stand a chance against Tohru. Tohru was his first love. She couldn't compete with that. How did she let herself fall for this guy. Seriously, the first person she met had to be one of sweetest guys she's known.

Momiji sighed and leaned against the wall. "About Tohru." 

"You still love her. Don't you?"

Momiji sprang from the wall. This was what she was thinking. He couldn't let her think that. He started waving his hands around. "No no no no."

"I know you still love her Momiji."

"No I don't Hayomi."

"Then why did Kyo have to talk to you." 

"He was making sure I don't hit on Tohru."

"SO YOU DO STILL LOVE HER!"  That is when it snapped for Hayomi. All the built up jealousy and sadness overflowed. She wanted to help him with whatever. However, she couldn't help the feeling that she liked him. Tears were forming into her eyes. Why did she have to fall for him. 

"No I don't Hayomi I swear." Momiji grabbed ahold of her shoulders. This caused Hayomi to take a breath and relax.

"Prove it." Hayomi looked into Momiji beautiful brown eyes.

He leaned in and pressed his lips onto hers. This is what Hayomi was looking for. She deepened the kiss. After a couple moments they both released. This was what they wanted. At that moment time stood still. He looked into her eyes. She looked into his. He grabbed Hayomi and hugged her tight. She held him close. 

"Was that enough proof for you?" Momiji whispered as he closed his eyed and laid his head on her shoulder.

"Yes."