Confusion

This was confusing. If you liked someone and show your affection to them, shouldn't they like you back? Thats exactly what Edward had done but Kristen had no affection towards him at all. Instead, when she had thought he had left the room completely, she had called him a freak. A freak. Why was that necessary? I'm a human being who has feelings as well. The pain was lingering. He thought she might like the kind gesture. The cupcake was a riddle. The riddle was a compliment. He must've over analyzed the situation. He's not use to doing these sort of things. Maybe Y/N might help me out with this conundrum.

Arriving in the forensic laboratory, Edward took notice of you messing about with the magnifying glass. He walks towards you, hands behind his back, and gave a slight cough to get your attention. "What's on your mind Ed?" you said without taking your eyes off of the bullet you were observing. It was another one of those boring days you were having and the only thing to occupy you was to observe whatever was around you under the magnifying glass.

"Do you remember when you told me that if I wanted to get Miss Kringles attention that I would have to be romantic?"

"Yes..." Your interest had peaked. This little crush Ed is having on Kristen is the best thing thats happened. Hearing Edward talk like some sort of awkward school boy amused you. This only happened once or twice back when you guys were in high school but usually only being a phase, going back to focus on his studies.

"Well I did that and it didn't work." He said as if the idea was nonsense to begin with.

You sighed and turn to look at him. You took off your glasses and place them on the table. "What did you do?" you said, laying your head on your hand that was in a fist.

"...I gave her a cupcake." he said hesitantly.

"Mmhm, and you must have done something to the cupcake, obviously. You're not telling me everything Ed." You said with a little confidence. You knew Edward long enough to know when he's withholding information and you love to know all.

 You knew Edward long enough to know when he's withholding information and you love to know all

"There was a bullet in the cupcake that I placed on her desk. She came to me a bit...disgusted. It was suppose to be a riddle so I thought I should clarify it for her."

"A beautiful woman is a dangerous thing. Smart. Go on."

"When I told her, I thought I've gotten ahold of her but detective Flass was around and well...I think you can imagine what happened next." Edward took a seat next to you, hands clasped on his lap looking down. "She, uh, also called me a...freak." Your body tensed. You thought these immature antics were over with, but like they say highschool never ends.

Deciding against raging over the name calling, you, instead, took a deep breath without Edward noticing and responded in an adult like manner. "Are you still going to pursue her?" You try to keep a smile on your face. "Because if it were me I would stop completely. She's ignorant and a fool and I would suggest you do so."