Back on the sidewalk outside, Jaeyoon continued to lead the way. He didn't say anything else about what their "mission" was.

"Does the manager know we're going to be out today?" he asked.

"To his knowledge, we're going to be at the studio recording," Jaeyoon answered.

Taeyang continued to grill the elder with questions. "We aren't going to break the law, are we?"

Jaeyoon sighed and threw the empty can of his drink into a nearby trashcan. He turned to Taeyang, walking backwards. "Chill," he said. "We're just going to be following Chani all day."

Taeyang rose an eyebrow. "We aren't allowed on the set."

"We won't be on the set."

"So how . . . ?"

Jaeyoon stopped on the sidewalk with a smile on his face and produced two pairs of binoculars from his oversized hoodie. "We're going to be watching from afar."

Taeyang eyed the objects. "Stalking is still breaking the law."

Jaeyoon huffed and began walking forward again. "We aren't stalking him, we're just figuring out his schedule so we can find the best time for Rowoon to ask him out." His whole tone said duh.

"They both share a room, though," Taeyang pointed out.

"So do you and Hwiyoung."

Taeyang paused on the sidewalk. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Jaeyoon waved him forward. "Come on. We're almost there."

Taeyang groaned and continued following his friend. They eventually stopped in front of an elementary school, and used one of the side ladders to climb onto the roof. Chani's drama, like Taeyang's, was also a romance, but it wasn't a BL. Chani was playing the male lead. Taeyang wasn't sure what the drama was about but when he saw the elementary school, he had questions.

On the roof, they scooted on their stomachs to the edge that faced a playground full of children. Chani and the female lead were on the swings watching the kids. It looked like they were in the middle of a scene.

"You know, as much as I love a good adventure," Taeyang started, "Why don't we just ask Chani--or our manager--what his schedule is?"

Jaeyoon thought that through while he put his face to his pair of binoculars. "I didn't think of asking our manager. But we cannot ask Chani. He'd ask why and I couldn't possibly lie to our maknae. Plus, isn't this fun?"

Taeyang put his own set of binoculars down. He removed his hoodie and scrunched it up. He laid on the ground of the roof, using his hoodie as a makeshift pillow. He didn't close his eyes for sleep, but he did think about Hwiyoung.

The only two things Taeyang could come up with that would explain Hwiyoung's behaviour, was Hwiyong had a crush on him or Hwiyoung was just taking his role too seriously.

"Hey, how's the drama going?" Jaeyoon asked, interrupting Taeyang's thoughts.

Taeyang clenched his jaw. "It's going great," he said, dryly.

"Mm, sound like it," was Jaeyoon's sarcastic reply. He didn't say anything for a second. "Are you regretting it? Agreeing to the drama, I mean?"

Taeyang pushed himself up, holding himself up with his elbows. "To be honest, I don't know." This could be his chance to actually talk out his thoughts.

Jaeyoon gave him a look. "What do you mean?"

"Is it possible for a role to be taken way too seriously?"

The other studied him. Taeyang was trying to keep his face neutral. "Do you have feelings for Hwiyoung?" Jaeyoon finally asked.

Taeyang bit his tongue in surprise. That wasn't where he thought the conversation was going. He cleared his throat. "No, that's not it."

Jaeyoon studied him some more. "You guys did a kiss scene, yesterday. Didn't you?"

The younger avoided his gaze by laying back down. "Yeah, we did," Taeyang answered. "But the thing is, there wasn't supposed to be a kiss in the scene we were doing, but Hwiyoung decided to kiss me anyway."

"So you think Hwiyoung is taking his role too seriously?" Jaeyoong laughed when Taeyang sheepishly nodded.

"Has is ever occurred to you that maybe Hwiyoung was trying to prepare you for the real kiss scenes?" he asked. Taeyang held himself up with his elbows again to look at Jaeyoon.

"No, it hasn't," Taeyang answered honestly.

"Or maybe he could probably, quite possibly be in love with you, you know. It could either." Jaeyoon shrugged with indifference and glanced over his shoulder at the set. He stood up, brushed himself off, and held a hand out to Taeyang. "Come on. They're leaving."

It took a second for Taeyang to accept what Jaeyoon would call help. He was still stuck on the "in love with you" part of Jaeyoon's suggestions.

--------------------

 a/n: what are your other sf9 ships?